aaa admin - updating genre's - updates - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: admin - updating genre's - updates

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/34             07-Oct-03  @  01:32 PM   -   admin - updating genre's - updates

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yup - to facilitate the new site we need genre's for rock/metal/indie & acoustic/world/folk styles to be added

so I thought i'd prune down the genre's prior to adding new ones

you'll notice there's less genre choices (more to be removed)

I'm taking it back to basic's... there will be just one TRANCE category, and just one HOUSE category etc

don't worry - i've written a script to re-associate your user profiles and user_tracks with the new genre's

so if you had tracks listed with FLAVA = psy-trance, or hard-trance etc, those are now gone and you'll find your track or profile associated with just: TRANCE

sorry if that makes you a trance-head - heh  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/34             07-Oct-03  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

mcc>

can you add "other" or "none" as a genre also?
or "hybrid"?

plus...

electro

electro-clash

ebm.

Message 3/34             07-Oct-03  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

beds

Link?:  Link

cellar, dungeon

and of course, sheep.

Message 4/34             07-Oct-03  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

BOO

Good idea. Making the descriptions a little more vague and generic beats trying to cover every genre, sub genre and psuedogenre.

Beep!

Message 5/34             07-Oct-03  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

PB

I second sheep!

Message 6/34             07-Oct-03  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

Broken Silence

where's epic trance?!

Message 7/34             07-Oct-03  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

How bout a genre called "don't know. deal with it." Alright I guess sheep covers that.

Message 8/34             08-Oct-03  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

Defector Z

I think I need my own genre...

Message 9/34             08-Oct-03  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

errata

What about erratatrance, erratabreaks, erratajungle

Come on these are very popular styles!!!

e

Message 10/34             08-Oct-03  @  12:31 AM   -   RE: admin - updating genre's - updates

Defector Z

Absolutely!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)