aaa New ASR-X ! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: New ASR-X !

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/35             28-Jul-98  @  01:02 AM   -   New ASR-X !

John

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Have anyone heard of this new asr-x called an asr-x pro. Look in keyboard magazine or
Its supposed to be red too.. any info???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/35             28-Jul-98  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

John

The Asr-x pro is supposed to be able to upgrade to 64 megs sampling ram.
Its supposed to have more sounds... and generally better than the regular X.
Look for more information.. cuz I need it too

Message 3/35             28-Jul-98  @  05:54 AM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

Ren

Damn!! What should I do now?? I was planning on getting the asr-x ,(the one that comes
with scsi and dancecard) This week. I can't find anything about an asr-x pro. what the hell
should I do??? Is this thing real?? Somebody who knows for sure please respond. And if it is
real when will it be available to the public??

Message 4/35             28-Jul-98  @  05:56 AM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

Ren

By the way.. is there something I can get thats better than the asr-x right now, besides a k2000??
This new Asr-x just wreck my all my plans. I'm sitting here in the dark.

Message 5/35             28-Jul-98  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

kilo

as an all in one, there is little that competes for the same price...... hang on... nope.... could see anything... well look at it this way... it is a great unit..... if you think the plyphony etc is going to be too little, get an A-3000 with a seperate sequencer.... it can function as an all-in-one unit... no probs.... just no sequencer, no pads to play etc....... if there was a new asr-x, it'd be more money right !!...... so your call

Message 6/35             28-Jul-98  @  06:40 AM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

ren

as an all in one, there is little that competes for the same price...... hang on... nope.... could see anything...
well look at it this way... it is a great unit..... if you think the plyphony etc is going to be too little, get an A-3000
with a seperate sequencer.... it can function as an all-in-one unit... no probs.... just no sequencer, no pads to
play etc....... if there was a new asr-x, it'd be more money right !!...... so your call

Kilo, so the a-3000 does drums,sample, and can double as a synth. Good for hiphop and drum and bass
And I could use cakewalk to sequence it. Sounds good. I'll research more on this new asr-x and the a-3000
before I do anything. The less money, the better for me.

Message 7/35             28-Jul-98  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

kilo

i mailed Ensoniq... and the reply was:

The ASR-X PRO is a higher priced product that has not been released yet. The
release date has not been set at this time.

heh heh... brimming with info....

Message 8/35             28-Jul-98  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: "brimming with info"...

skul

yes, that would be Ensoniq, and their tech support are about as informative. something to keep in mind before buying... most likely you'll find the mailing list more informative.

the new X will have Zap's "Stomper" prog built right in (somehow). that's all i know additionally...

Message 9/35             30-Jul-98  @  05:46 AM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

The XPro doesnīt have stomper, but an electronic drum modelling program based on E-Muīs Audity (as you know Ensoniq was merged with E-Mu recently), with 8 arpeggiator/pattern sequencer, also it have a 6 notes (expandible to 18) polyphonic analog modelling synth with 3 oscillators + sub + noise,multimode filter, 3 EGs and 3 LFOs, 8 assignable knobs, 8 assignable buttons, a ribbon controller, 4 track hard disk recording (with edit, bouncing and all that), 4 multi-FX buses, the pads now can trigger sequences, and itīs bordeaux.
The polyphony is now 64 and it comes with 8 MB and a max of 128.
It will be released onseptember at the price of $2000.

Message 10/35             30-Jul-98  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: New ASR-X !

kilo

where d'you get all this ensoniq info Self ??

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 35 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)