aaa admin - homepage updates - major! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: admin - homepage updates - major!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/39             28-Oct-03  @  04:54 PM   -   admin - homepage updates - major!

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

try an update - it MIGHT be not a good layout if you have a large 'description' and/or 'kit-list' text in your profile - and it'll be useless if you're user image is massive - but there'll be another template to choose from on it's way soon now the hard work of delimiting it all is done.

I think it's a big improvement on the first crude one - didnt have time to work on the layout at all at the time i did that coding

click my link for an example - I'll be tweaking a few things over this week.

anyone want to submit a template design? - just copy my page & paste it into an editor and mess... send a screenshot of the results mebbe

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/39             28-Oct-03  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

k

oh yeah - the photo-gallery link icon will be able to activate when people take the 'hi-fi server-space package - I didn't get time to add a 'mouse-over' message which will display saying something like

'For power-users only' or some such shite....

so it's being tweaked, so don't go mad... you'll need to re-update when i next tweak it

but ell, it's only 1 click to update

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/39             28-Oct-03  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

k

oh shit - hang on I found a bug - I'll fix it tommorrow - the 'CD-ALBUM' menu button doesnt snap you down to the created album lists if you are a deejay user AND music user - shit! - that was working before - damn!

Message 4/39             28-Oct-03  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

k

ok fixed - carry on

Message 5/39             28-Oct-03  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Bang on! (as ya say over thar). Nice one, K, looks much better, cleaner, sleeker. Its'a veeery nice.

What ever happened to the enhanced list of genres? Postrock? Drone? Space?

For what its worth, I have actually looked for other sites that were more along the lines of where my stuff has headed but nothing seems to have the dynamic that DT has. I guess, in part, because they are operating in a vacume whereas DT, dispite its name, actually attracts a few folks that don't adhere strictly to the "dance" motif (annoying aren't they - splitters . ). Odd that. Nice though.

By the way, how long has DT been in existance, including the "bunji" days? It seems like it should be past the halfway mark to two digits

Message 6/39             28-Oct-03  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

psylichon

while we're on the subject, I would love it if the "[view user]" link opened in a new window. Makes listening to others' tracks and commenting on them simultaneously much easier.

Message 7/39             28-Oct-03  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

Maarten

I second that

Message 8/39             28-Oct-03  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

k

the new music site will be easier to navigate... it'll be ready soon, when it is, the MUSIC section icon will open it in a new site seperate from the tech site.

I removed the genres/flavas display from the homepage cos it seemed a bit pointless outside of the search system.

Message 9/39             28-Oct-03  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

Maarten

ohh, and looks nice btw! Allthough... your choice in collr is absolutely 'orrible!

Message 10/39             28-Oct-03  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: admin - homepage updates - major!

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Copy that. What about genres in the admin update?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)