aaa PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/47             02-Feb-04  @  04:16 PM   -   PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Dingostema

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Got one of these annoying problems. My PC seems to shut down periodically when I play or record in Logic and doesnt seem to follow any pattern. It originally sounded like a Hard drive problem so I got a new hard drive, did a fresh install and same shit. During our vocal recording session yesterday it must have shut down (in mid flow) and least 15 times which was sodding frustrating. I am as sure as I can be that it is not a virus and my anti virus s/w is up to date and I have even scanned whilst in safe mode to no avail (it was a good idea Beds!).

My old man who builds and maintains pc's said he has had 5 calls from clients like this in the last couple of weeks, anyone know anything about this before I am forced to systematically replace every bit of hardware in my machine?

Cheers

Dingo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/47             02-Feb-04  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

chelvar

Link?:  No link

holy crap! hope it isnt some new unidentified virus. really frustrating!

Message 3/47             02-Feb-04  @  05:03 PM     Edit: 02-Feb-04  |  05:05 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

milan

Link?: Link

does it reboot automatically? you can turn that off so you'll get a blue screen instead, which will *hopefully* tell you something about the cause of it. i had a corrupt driver which was causing that on my machine just recently.

system properties-> advanced-> startup and recovery-> uncheck "automatically restart" under system failure

Message 4/47             02-Feb-04  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Dingostema

yeah, it switches off, then tries to reboot, but of course it then has to go through the scan disk crap. The desktop loads up and more often than not i then get that fab xp message which say that 'the system has recovered from a serious error' - NO SHIT ?!?!?

What's the suggestion Milan? (btw mate that vocal session yesterday was a winner in the end)

Cheers

Dingo

Message 5/47             02-Feb-04  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

milan

record to tape? :P

whats the suggestion? read what it says on the blue screen, and see if there's a driver name somewhere (usually top right corner or something) so maybe you find whats causing it.

it doesnt do it except when running logic, right? so its hopefully a driver or a conflict or something. have you looked at the system logs or system information for any clues?

poor singer btw... glad you managed anyway.

Message 6/47             02-Feb-04  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Dingostema

Are you talking about the blue screen you get after the machine tries to reboot and it runs through scandisk?

D

Message 7/47             02-Feb-04  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

milan

no dude.... i am talking about the bluescreen you get when your machine cant go on anymore, blocks up and crashes! did you do what i said? and why arent you on irc?

Message 8/47             02-Feb-04  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Dingostema

At work so IRC is blocked, even the Java aplet version wont work, I'll see you on IRC later hopefully!!

Dingo

Message 9/47             02-Feb-04  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

Tom

Link?:  No link

Hmm,

It sounds like some kind of a hardware conflict. I've had stuff like this happen before. There really isn't an easy way to find what's causing it. It could also be a virus, like other's have suggested. Maybe try taking out all cards from the computer, until you get it run stable. Make sure you're cpu is not overheating, does it only reboot in logic, or does it also reboot when you're doing other cpu instensive tasks?

Tom

Message 10/47             02-Feb-04  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: PC Shutdown - aaaarrggghhh

influx

dingo

DO WHAT MILAN SAID and uncheck "automatically restart"

sheesh.  

THEN right down the error code (s) and you can even go to the MS site and see if theres a description of your error code. that might put you toward understanding, OR toward a solution

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 47 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)