aaa Yamaha TX81Z - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Yamaha TX81Z

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message 1/82             18-Jul-98  @  05:02 PM   -   Yamaha TX81Z

Browngirl

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Has anyone heard of this FM Module? Is it any good? Its in my local PawnShop for 135 UK pounds. Are they stupid?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/82             18-Jul-98  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

kilo

fucking get it !!!..... the best FM version of all the modules cos it's up to 8 part multi....THE classic house and garage & other sounds.... get it get it get it.....

Message 3/82             18-Jul-98  @  11:59 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

weasel

It goes in the US for $100-$190.... but in any case market value is still excellent value for money...

Message 4/82             19-Jul-98  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

ivan

It's not very easy to program though- unless you like
menus (I do).

Message 5/82             19-Jul-98  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

You'd be surprised, older synth guys think they're absolute crap; I don't know about England, but they sell anywhere from $40-$200 in Los Angeles.

Message 6/82             19-Jul-98  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Browngirl

Is it good for deep bass sounds? Is it really adaptable? Can I use it in jungle aswell? So, is £135 uk a reasonable asking price in the UK?

Message 7/82             19-Jul-98  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

kilo

yes....it's as low as you'll get it under normal circumstances.... yes it does excellent low basses (check out the flying dub in the kilo4-3 section -left toolbar)... that is a DX jazz organ doing the bass.... plus you get the classic detroit solid bass... and big hollow square wave bass... etc.... make your own too........ it's a bass & organ sound synth... classic sounds...... plus, it'll do 2 or 3 or 4 at once......
if you do garage, house, Jungle etc... one of these, and a sampler is enuff to cut a tune... no problems....

Message 8/82             19-Jul-98  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

weasel

There's also a weird TX81z shareware editor called SyMa (don't ask me why...). I don't know if there are any new versions.... the one I have is windows3.1 and dates from1991...it'll work in win95 though...

Message 9/82             19-Jul-98  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Browngirl

Is it anything to do with the DX7? Better/\Worse?

Message 10/82             20-Jul-98  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Yamaha TX81Z

Influx

Link?:  Link

From what I understand, the TX81 is the rack version of the DX21(?) or is it the DX11(?) Fuck if I know, but I do know that I got one for $100 US recently, and am very happy with the sounds after only having it for a short while. The way i see it, the programming is definitely a little time consuming, but also pretty versatile, and yes, it does some pretty cool bass, and also fucked up "chaos" type industrial sounds. I dont even know mine that well yet and I am happy with it. I just saw one at www.recycler.com for $100-so maybe you should look around before you pay the price you found?
I say get it though-it is pretty versatile and 8 part multi as well

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 82 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)