aaa motivation - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: motivation

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message 1/89             07-Aug-04  @  08:55 AM   -   motivation

panama

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I sit here with this keyboard and my Macintiosh and wonder about motivation. We
as a group compose beats, noise, and maybe a melody, but why? Is it motivation
or time killed or a good fuck (for our mind)? What motivates us? I get into my room
with all my expensive electronics and push buttons. PUSH BUTTONS? ok, I am a
Master Control Operator for TV. I push lots of butttons and I am not motivated. I
like TV but I like money too, which I make from pushing buttons. Cut to cut, edit to
edit. I put stuff together. BUT, the motivation in music is different. Do I think of
money, no. It silences the world. It keeps me from going mad when my girlfriend
hates and cheats on me. I am motivated to vent my filth. is it filth tho? GOD DAMN
ART! where's the art? I push buttons, I DO NOT bleed while I push piano keys to
bleed in the index. I say, hello macintosh, dear diary, you are much more forgiving
when I am motivated. HA!

FUCK! what is music then? heh, we know then. I have much respect a dude like
Paul Van Dyrk who makes a fabulous track with a chick going: "ERRRMMMM
dAYYYY AHHHH YYEAAA". What the fuck is it about with electronic music then?

so I thereby say, what motivates you (while you know the truth). It's all crap but its
soo good. EVER SHIT on the TOILET and felt, DAMN, I FEEL great while I SHIT.
I'm not ragging like a whore whose dried up a rag crusted to a piece of a card
stock. Leaving you wondering, HOW AM I GONNA WIPE MYSELF? but with the
intelligent notion that what does it all mean? and why are you motivated? and does
it make sense? Is it just easy, or just the latest tool in creation for your motivation
and self-worth?

damn, I love the guys who make money on there electronodal music,

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/89             07-Aug-04  @  10:02 AM     Edit: 07-Aug-04  |  10:04 AM   -   RE: motivation

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Haha. A couple of weeks ago I was working on a track, actually I think I was mixing... um... whatever, I got to thinking about what all this stuff is: making noises and sequencing them into patterns of patterns, and apparently I thought about it a little too hard and all of a sudden all music sounded rediculous. It had me bent over in fits of giggles. Then I got scared. I had completely nullified my experience of music! It all sounded like stupid sounds arranged into meaningless and rather rediculous patterns. I had to stop and pop down the local, which, thankfully, sorted my head out.

I'm never going to start thinking about this stuff again!

Message 3/89             07-Aug-04  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: motivation

casparproject

I'll try to keep this simple. Music is our emotional intelligence as expressed
through sound. The buttons don't matter, the keys don't matter, in fact the
amount you've studied music doesn't matter either. What matters is the minutes
you spend listening to a finished track and saying, "yeah, that's how I feel" and
the minutes you spend later in life, listening to your track (or having it going
through your head) and saying "yeah, that's how I felt". At least, that's how I feel.

Peaceout,

Peter

Message 4/89             07-Aug-04  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: motivation

bruce

Link?:  Link

Don' think!.... Feeeeeeeeeeeeew!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/89             07-Aug-04  @  01:53 PM   -   RE: motivation

SignalRunners - Andrew

Step 1: Take less drugs

Message 6/89             07-Aug-04  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: motivation

Maarten

See, here's where you have it all wrong andrew! Take more and keep the thinking in the fridge during music  

Message 7/89             07-Aug-04  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: motivation

* compulsary

keeps me off the streets.

wrong forum (sorry dave)

Message 8/89             07-Aug-04  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: motivation

xoxos

one thing only, always has been. to democratise the medium.

i hated growing up with these magic uber-voices telling me everythnig that's good and right, or better than what i can do on my own.

still, same situation; there are times when it seems as if i have absolutely no power to instill suspicion in others.

it's a tool.. use it for good :p

"what is it about the medium?" power.. dominance.. we are techno gods, you are mere flesh. this is why the message to the public is tightly reined by money. this is why my boy g never gets shit on the air.

i know, i know.. it's hard to admit to yourself that your fascination with electronic music is based on power..

afa taking a shit goes.. maybe i'm an idiot, but i hardly have any sense of pleasure left.. whenever i find something that appeals to me, i nail it down. observing myself (.........) my desires are all instilled.. imo even survival is instilled, cos i've seen too many parents torture their children (end of pain=pleasure.. most pleasures delay or otherwise work vs. pain) i know when i've created something dynamic/aesthetogenic tho.

if you can't find the center of the whirlwind, do you deserve to understand life more?   scary, steve? it is scary how *long* and with such conviction we do not doubt what we experience...

what you're left with is skill in energy transmission.

oh, and kick her to the curb, bro! oc, beware.. cos she prolly wants you to do this, instilling a sense of power in *you,* which is like an ez-grip handle fo sho.

Message 9/89             07-Aug-04  @  06:46 PM     Edit: 07-Aug-04  |  06:46 PM   -   RE: motivation

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Xoxoxs, no offense intended here, but don't you ever get tired of continually thinking outside of the docile realm? I mean, its comfortable there. Don't you ever just sit back and let things go by; can you just feel a piece of music without questioning it entirely? Don't take this a challenge, because it isn't. I'm just curious after reading your posts for a few years, as they allways seem to display a rather intense focus on the abstraction of the subject-matter.

Message 10/89             07-Aug-04  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: motivation

xoxos

well, i come here, but for whatever cause, this incarnation frequently strikes me as being an agent. abstraction might help, intense focus might help.. but yes, the ability to observe without reaction, this above all.

eg. to notice that with feeling, it is the breadth of sensation to "FEEL good," since envaluation would be purely subjective, which moves no consciousness, or is that unconscious..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 89 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)