aaa Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

Original Message 1/93             01-Oct-04  @  11:22 AM   -   Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hey hey! - They arrived today courtesy of Behringer Europe's PR Boss - if anyones interested to know anything specific, fire away...

Nice looking units, metal case, plastic end-cheeks, post and faders seem fairly solid. Nice small footprint, a nice size for going on a multimedia suite desktop ok.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/93             01-Oct-04  @  12:49 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

heh - well, just powered one up and the visual indicators of course are very cool - you set preset-1, arrange some fader and pot positions, and another on preset-2, flip between them and of course all the faders move and the pots... the red LED position indicators surrounding the pots show very clearly the positioning of the infinate rotaries

very nice, and the faders move nice and fast - in fact, they probably move fast enuff to do the old classic fader-automation trick of firing pencils at the engineer as arrows -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/93             01-Oct-04  @  02:50 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Scwheet... what DAW are you using it with K? Did you have to load the latest firmware on it (I hear it fixes a lot of bugs)

For what its worth, this *may* be of some interest to you..

http://www.bcontrol.tk

VERY tempted to buy the BCF but I'm hearing there are a few more bugs to iron out (still) and the much vaunted "B Edit" software is still AWOL. Still, it COULD be killer if they fix the outstanding gripes (so I hear!)

Having said that, I don't suppose you'll be geting a Tascam US 2400 for review?? That thing looks insanely awesome (with an unhealthy pricetag however)

Marc_D

Message 4/93             01-Oct-04  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

well i could ask Tascam, you use SX2 doncha?

Message 5/93             01-Oct-04  @  04:50 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

SignalRunners - Andrew

ive always been kinda interested at that rotary one...

Message 6/93             01-Oct-04  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

CydoniaCell

Hey K... that's great. I've been eye'ing the rotary version for live apps... are the "16+4" buttons programable? Or rather, HOW programable are they? My thoughts are to use them to mute tracks in Ableton on stage while using the rotary's to tweak soft synths running as plug ins. So, can the rotary's be programmed to effect only certain tracks? Meaning can I use one row of encoders for say my Pro-52, and another for V-station, at the same time?

I know I know... I want the world... but is that really too much to ask?

e

Message 7/93             01-Oct-04  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

ARGGGGGH!! - TYPICAL! - with just the briefest scan of the manual to check how to assign parameters to controllers (edit) and using the SX 'Generic Remote' Setup, I can get SX to receive fader and transmit fader positions easily - it'd be a snip to then add Pan, send etc etc and swap scenes on the BCF to then flip to things like eq -

The faders all move and update as the track runs by simply checking the Generic Remote setup to also Transmit (defaults to read only)

Logic?..... hah hah hahah eh ahhaahhahahaha haha hahahah *manic laughter*

oh god!.... seems emagic have REMOVED the SUM mixer Hubs from the audio mixer...

therefore it'll work a single channel if selected in arrange page (for audio tracks I mean now, not instruments etc, didnt even try that).... but cant get it to respond like it used to without the SUM hub

I opened a 'new' SUM object - wired connectors 1-5 up, but it doesnt work properly... random bullshit

there is a downloadable LSO for it but that resrticts to 16 channels of audio, no audio instruments and no bus's - and yous till have to update the BCF.... the environment looks a complete & total mess, with zillions of miles of cabling all over the place

anyways - works with SX easy as pie - heh - those faders move loverly - quite a thrill when you hit 'Play' and they move properly.

I'll have to see what the hell I can sort out with Logic... *sigh*

Message 8/93             01-Oct-04  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

well, i d/loaded some stuff from Behringer, which apparently can make Logic 'see' the BCF as a mackie control or a hui or some other mixers anyways... Gotta update the firmware on the BCF tho for it to work

i'll try it tomorrow

Message 9/93             02-Oct-04  @  01:46 PM     Edit: 03-Oct-04  |  01:25 AM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

well, i installed all the logic stuff & updated firmware - i DIDN'T add the logic sysex patches, only the 'Logic Control' emulation stuff

using logic you can get faders to move, pan, select aux send bus & level. Mute and SOLO, however, this involves alot of switching (nothing wrong with that), but i'm now going to go thru it and write down what I need to press in what order to access the different parameters

some of it i stumbled on by accident and cant find how to get in again - there's no manual about these issues see, and Behringers website goes down more than a Kings-X hooker - is it me?.. or is it offline ALL the bloody time, i managed to get the site to open about 3 times over 24 hours!

anyways, on the display it sometimes read PAGE-1/4 depending what mode you're in - But i cant yet find any way for it to show PAGE-2/4, PAGE-3/4 etc

NO helpfiles are available that I can find

anyways, the other problem i've got is Latching/Touch updating in Logic... when reading data, sure, the faders all move ok, but when i go to grab it to update it doesnt want to 'catch' - sometimes it does, but mostly you feel the motorised fader struggling with your fingers - so I gotta see if this is something in Logic, mebbe I need to disable sysex thru probably

ok, it's an old version of Logic, (v5 series, we're on V7 for Mac now!), cos i dont wanna give my money frankly to emagic or buy a mac after dumping from PC, however, i guess what BEHRINGER are concerned about is selling these, so the issue is, will it work!.. and to what level of usefulness

so the latching I gotta try and sort out or it's not so good - and that's NOT Behringer's fault, that'd be Logic

oh btw, I didn't test the 'Latching' in SX yet

anyways... let's see first if this latching issue can be fixed in Logic and then when the switching is figured out, if the latching works ok, it'd be a good little useful add-on for logic considering the price - I would be happy to setup eq's and plugin inserts etc with the mouse, that's not an issue when we work, what IS irritating is having to flip into the mixer, scroll to the track, and piss about with the mouse just to change levels, mute, solo etc - So in that respect, using the BCF for common fader/pan/mute etc stuff would be useful indeed - one nice touch with the 'Logic Control' emulation is, when you select Channel-1, the Logic screen rips across the mixer like lightning to highlight channel-1, no mixer scrolling!....

Also the Logic-Control emulation display updates if you rename tracks instantly

Regarding those extra's - I dunno wether it's possible to get the EQ & Compressor stuff going, there IS sysex files for it for Logic 5.5.1 which I didnt try yet tho.

what'd be cool would be to have the BCF controlling fader/pan/mute/solo/sends for channels 1-32 (it can switch from 1-8, 9-16, 17-24, 24-32), but ALSO to wire in the BCR and use that for EQ's if possible & flip it for controlling synths otherwise (32 presets remember)

if I had eq (Fat EQ) and the previously mentioned stuff I'd be happy spending 300 quid on the pair - however, i spose you could buy Logic Control and just be done with it

the other point is, it's early days I guess for this product. Perhaps more setups will appear or 3rd party ones, but alot of this stuff is down to the s/w makers not Behringer

more to come - back to investigate the stuff mentioned!

Message 10/93             02-Oct-04  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: Behringer Controllers BCF/BCR

k

well i checked out that 3rd party editor - personaly i'd rather programme it direct - the interface is very easy to use for setting things with the LED display, and the editor simply gives you the exact same settings but on a s/w page... It's nice someone did it tho I guess, but it doesnt offer anything you cant do on the unit.

I couldnt get it to receive data from the unit tho

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

There are 93 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)