aaa CS1X or DB50XG - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: CS1X or DB50XG

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             29-Jul-98  @  07:12 PM   -   CS1X or DB50XG

Rouge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've already got a AN1X (haven't figured it out yet) but have heard the sounds on the CS1X and like what I hear, so, is it worth me investing in a CS1X or a DB50XG daughterboard?

Alternatively, is there an outboard module version of the CS1X? MU90R? SY700XG?

Any ideas?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             29-Jul-98  @  07:23 PM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

Andreas

Have sitting here allday long recording with the Cs1x, GET IT!!!! Donīt think about DB50XG!!! Just get that Cs1x!

Andreas

Message 3/29             29-Jul-98  @  07:34 PM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

Blunted

Depends on what you want to use it for...for GM and some
synth sounds get the DB50, I don't know what yer AN1X will
do, it might have all yer performance needs already

Message 4/29             29-Jul-98  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

Will

Rouge....Dont bother getting a CS1x. The only difference between the sound of it and a DB50 are the performance sounds. But the DB50 can load up sounds from the QS300 (Up to 32 at a time) and they are just as good as the CS1x performances. The only other factor is the hands on aspect since the DB50 has no knobs for realtime control, but you could put the card with a Phat.Boy controller which will give you realtime control over basically all the parameters of the voices on the card and they can be had for as little as 120 quid new. Remember that the CS1x is about 400 quid more than the DB50.
The MU10 is the external module equivalent of a DB50. But the higher MU models will give you more voices, effects and polyphony. Hope that helps

Message 5/29             29-Jul-98  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

kilo

aha... I'm er... mystified here.. cos i thought all the cs1x sounds were in the an1x.... no??

Message 6/29             29-Jul-98  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

Astro

Naw... I dont think so... the two synths are totally different. I dont really know a whole lot about the AN1x... but I know it actually generates its own sounds, where the CS1x is sample based.

I own both the CS1x and DB50XG. I think they're both great. But I agree with Will. With this new XG-Gold program thats out you can load these excellent 4 element patches from the QS300 right into you DB50XG. And these patches are similar to the presets on the CS1x (including stuff like "Sub Bass" and "909 Kit" )

The db50 is so cheap these days ($80 in the US) you might want to consider just getting both.

Message 7/29             29-Jul-98  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

Rouge

The AN1X is a virtual analogue buddy!
CS1X - Control synth (based on samples - y'know!)

Kilo - I think you're fucking mad. You Hear Me!

Go and take your pills and rest now ...

Message 8/29             29-Jul-98  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

Rouge

Anyway, is there an external module that has ALL the CS1X sounds in it. I can use the AN1X as a controller...

Whats this QS3000 thingy??

Message 9/29             29-Jul-98  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

Will

Rouge...The QS300 is a workstation keyboard from yamaha. Its recently been discontinued, but cost about Ģ1300 in its prime.
A module like the MU100R will Shit on the sounds from the CS1x, but may cost a bit more- the SW1000XG card, will have all these sounds on it but you will be limited to lugging the PC around live, but would be cool with a Phat.Boy

Message 10/29             30-Jul-98  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: CS1X or DB50XG

kilo

aha.... i was getting it mixed up with the ex5... i was pissed earlier you see..... that is english for drunk...

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)