aaa Korg - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Korg

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             21-Jul-98  @  10:16 PM   -   Korg

Geek

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Why does no-one talk about these awsome machines?!?

Anyway I'm thing about getting the TR rack or the N5, does anyone know anything about them?
What kind of synth is the trin? a control or analogue or what - why so expensivvve?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             21-Jul-98  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Korg

kilo

er... maybe cos they aint awesome ?..... well made, great sounds..... but kinda overpriced, and there are so many better cheaper alternatives.....

Message 3/21             22-Jul-98  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: Korg

Ferg

Don't buy new. Buy an older Wavestation or X3 for less than the new N5. They seem to sound very similar anyway. I think they must use basically the same A^2I chip or something.

Message 4/21             22-Jul-98  @  02:58 AM   -   RE: Korg

daniella

well, i just bought a Korg X5D for $850 Canadien, and to be honest i can't see anything out there around this price that is even close!!!!! The only other choice i had was the Csx1, but the Korg had much more 'basic souns' of excellent quality. The way i see it is the good old basic sounds are what to look for....with the editing capabilities availible to most of us, and the actual on board systems on all the latest synths, you can make your own unlimited fucked-up sounds....as long as you have good quality basics!....and that's what is so awesome about the Korg machines. Fuck, as a single unit in anyones studio, i think you should always look for nice basic sounds, thn add some more sounds to your library with a daughterboard or a software synth.
I'm very happy with my new baby...like i say, for the price i could not see anything that compared. Shit, i only wish i could have gone a little more for the N5.

Message 5/21             22-Jul-98  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: Korg

Mr Qwaxz

The X5D is indeed a good choice exelent strings and
if you change the Hammond sounds a bit in combi
mode you will be happy same goes for the bass sounds.
X5D is very cheap nowadays new or secondh. The sounds goes realy well within a mix. And the church
organ sounds is exelent with possibility to create a
real cathedral organ with all the settings and mixes.
When you are tired of creating pacemaking- dance- -trance.

Message 6/21             22-Jul-98  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: Korg

galleyslave

I've got an N5. Lots of power for the price and very nice to play... makes an excellent controller like the CS1x. But if you're gonna use it for trance/techno stuff and you want mad filters then make sure you check 'em out before you buy 'cause the filter setup is kinda strange....

You can use X5D patches in the N5 too I think (haven't tried it though)... and NS5R so thats handy 'cause there's shiteloads of them around.

As always it depends what kinda music you want to do. Geek?

Message 7/21             22-Jul-98  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Korg

JAWA

The only problem i have with korg is their customer service.

IT SUCKS!!!

Message 8/21             22-Jul-98  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: Korg

fergm

Daniella, I think you may have paid too much. I bought the module version of the X5D, the X5DR, for CAD$350. You can get an X3, which is an X5 with a sequencer, for about $800, and every week I see a guy in the Buy and Sell trying to get rid of a Wavestation EX for $800, with cards for $50 ea.

But the important thing is that you like it. If anyone would care to trade .05W or .X5 files email me.

Ferg

Message 9/21             22-Jul-98  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Korg

Rouge

What the fuck is wrong with you peeps? Korg sounds are the best going... they kick the Yams arse any fucking day this week or next! Well maybe Roland are pretty good too... I'll get my coat.

Message 10/21             22-Jul-98  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: Korg

Geek

Well I;m mainly looking to do trip-hop and hard Drum'n'bass so I want loads of weird sounds but I'm not really impressed with cheesy dance sounds like dance pianos or synth strings.... I prefer authentic sounding instruments to them.
And I want to do a teeny bit of garage too.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)