aaa RADIUM - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: RADIUM

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Original Message                 Date: 23-Aug-03  @  01:22 PM   -   RADIUM

CATASTROPHIC

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

does anyone know where radium has gone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 91/107             05-Sep-03  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: RADIUM

bdubluv

pray2s8n

i seez wat hez sayin cos you know how we do it

Message 92/107             08-Sep-03  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

99devils

Link?: Link

Listen.

Company A makes 5000 widgets - physical objects, and must sell all of them at $100 a piece to pay back the company's investment and pay their staff. Some slimy ass motherfucker goes to the warehouse and rips off 2000 widgets. Company A has to lay off staff, and possibly goes out of business.

Company B builds software. They need to ship 5000 units at $100 apiece to pay back the company's investment and pay their staff. Some slimy ass motherfucker cracks their software and posts it on the internet, and 2000 potential customers download the crack instead of buying the software. Company B has to lay off staff (thanks for costing me my job), and probably goes out of business.

How's that different from the slimy motherfucker who physically robbed 2000 widgets?

But, you say, I couldn't afford to buy company B's software anyways. Well, by those people being able to use B's software for free, they've taken sales away from Company C - which makes a similar, though less featured product for $35. Company C also lays off staff or goes out of business. Or the independant programmer who wrote the program stops developing it because he has to get a real job now.

If you are arguing that it's OK to use cracks instead of paying for software, then you're just plain wrong.

Message 93/107             08-Sep-03  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Defector z

Well said Craig.

Message 94/107             08-Sep-03  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

milan

well said on point C. must admit i never thought about it that way.

Message 95/107             08-Sep-03  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

99devils

There are repercussions to every action. Put it this way, If I could drive a free Mercedes, would I ever spend money to buy a Ford?

In addition to the little guys, you're also hurting local level studios and the engineers who work there.

Message 96/107             08-Sep-03  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

influx

Link?:  Link

whoa, hold on craig.

the local studios etc are a huge part of who uses cracks!

also...theres no way around the fact that some of these people just would never have bought software anyway...so its really not a lost sale!

Message 97/107             08-Sep-03  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

99devils

To some extent I can agree that some people would never have bought the software anyways. Then those people wouldn't be making music. THAT is what I just don't buy - if people really want to make music they'll find a way to scrape together what they need.

I agree that there's a big problem with smaller studios not paying for things, and for that I simply have no respect. You shouldn't be making money off of the software PERIOD.

Over the last few years I've really started to take my own personal stand against software piracy. I paid for pretty much every program I own now. The only things I don't like are things like MS having no more concurrent licensing... One license for Office should cover my two desktop machines plus my laptop. After all, I could have 3 word docs open on one machine, or one open on each of 3 machines. What's the difference?

But I don't really have any tolerance for people using cracks of Cubase and never having any intention of paying for it. When I was a kid and I wanted to start playing guitar, I worked odd jobs, umpired little league ball, and worked in an auto parts warehouse to save up money for my first axe and amp. Why should software be any different, just because it isn't physical?!?

Message 98/107             08-Sep-03  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

influx

Link?:  Link

couldnt argue against that.

also..the level of power you get with a prog like cubase SX?

shiiit. 10s of thousands of dollars worth of equipment if purchased in HW!

Message 99/107             08-Sep-03  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

milan

true. i maintain that Logic is worth every damn penny it costs, and it costs quite a bit.

now if i could only scrape measly 3000$ for that new G5 (not to mention another 1000$ reserve for when something goes wrong it)  

Message 100/107             08-Sep-03  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: RADIUM

Defector z

Wait, lemme get this straight. Macs have problems? Nah...

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

There are 107 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)