aaa Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             01-Dec-98  @  02:36 PM   -   Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

99devils

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

For all you guys out there who jumped on the Kawai K5000 specials, Kawai has released OS version 4.0 on their Japanese website only... so unless you have a Japanese capable browser, you're going to have to wade through little boxes...

The URL is :

http://www.kawai.co.jp/emi/k5000_download.html

BTW, I really love my K5000 for pads... It just really shines at that kind of thing, and I've been able to get a decent electric bass out of SlapStick too...

-Craig

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             01-Dec-98  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

is the OS in japanese only? or is it english?

Message 3/11             01-Dec-98  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

99devils

I haven't tried it yet myself, but I believe it's in english

-C

Message 4/11             02-Dec-98  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

rwakelin

Anyone have any luck with this?

I tried the K5000S version of the OS and had trouble.
I get the "Finding system" screen, followed by the two
lines of dots that gradually turn to "o"s, but at the end
the K5000S just rebooted and tried again. If you remove
the disk you get error "Err "(some Hex number)... Until
you put a system disk in. I tried two different floppies
with OS4 on and re-downloaded the OS to confirm that
the download was OK - which it was.

I would urge anyone to try and upgrade, just make sure
you've got an OS3 disk to hand when you try, 'cos you
may need it to get up and running again.

Anyone know what this adds/fixes if/when it works?

Rich

Message 5/11             02-Dec-98  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

99devils

OK - The OS is in Japanese. People have been repoting problems loading it. The best solution seems to be to download the OS directly onto a floppy which was formatted by a K5000. I still haven't had the chance to install, but I think I may wait for the English version.

There is some confusion as to what this fixes, but the consensus seems to be that it fixes arpeggiator timing/syncing issues, MIDI slop, and adds new patches, so be sure to back those up also!

-Craig

Message 6/11             02-Dec-98  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Similar problems, and the file WAS downloaded directly to the floppy, twice in fact. I've e-mailed Troy, hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Message 7/11             02-Dec-98  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

99devils

If you've sent in your registration card, you can probably get a floppy sent to you for free once it becomes available worldwide.

-Craig

Message 8/11             05-Dec-98  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

Peezahj

Hi, if anyone is looking for the os for the k5000s your e-mail me, or else contact for it or the os's for the w or r.

BTW, the supplement disk on the Japanese site works fine, so don't ask me for it.

Message 9/11             06-Dec-98  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

vuduimp

First off... Downloading 4.0 is fast. at least from the server. Then you have to go through the hell of installing it. I got the
"File loaded? Er880" or whatever error. Then i reformated... re-downloaded... installed... Er880... then i moved the file
from my disk to hard disk to the disk that came with the k5000s (backing it up, of course) and then it worked. First
impressions: Here is my main niggle. WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE MULTIS!?! After the first five, they go silent! nothing is
in them. I re-installed to see if this was an error... but no. That's just sick. I can see the name of the multi and occasionally
the on-screen slider will be in a different position but aside from that, they're all blank multis. The sounds are not as good as
last time (IMHO) Not as much reverb. To be honest, i sort of liked the reverb in 3.0 (after you turned the time down.)
Second Impressions: When you turn the dial to go through the programs, it will sometimes stick, sometimes skip through
programs, sometimes freeze until you moved it again. This is REALLY annoying. There are a lot more sounds but IMHO
the quality has diminished. I'm seriously thinking of degrading back to 3.0. Please respond... ~Brandon

Message 10/11             07-Dec-98  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

Houseman

Congrats on loading 4.0

The reason the dial seems to jump is because the "Link" option is turned on. To correct this, hit the "Singles" button again and the word "Link" should disappear and your dial should return to normal.

As for the 4.0 patches not being what you wanted, try this. Re-install 3.0, save both the A and D banks of singles to floppy, and do the same for the Multi patches. Then, install 4.0 and load the 3.0 patches from floppy. You now have the 4.0 operating system with the 3.0 patches.

As for 4.0 not having any multi patches, it is probably because they used all of the memory for the single patches. With 4.0 you get close to (if not over) 100 single patches in the A bank. Compared to somewhere around 60 in version 3.0.

Cheers,

John

Message 11/11             07-Dec-98  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Kawai K5000 OS Update V4.0

99devils

For more info on all this stuff, check out the Eat at Joes's site, and the mailing list from www.onelist.com

-Craig

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)