aaa 606 samples - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: 606 samples

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             08-Sep-98  @  05:22 PM   -   606 samples

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Anyone know where to get samples from a 606? If not, somebody really ought to do it, it's one of the few analog drum machines that makes sense to sample rather than owning the real thing.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             09-Sep-98  @  04:14 AM   -   RE: 606 samples

buggo

Link?:  No link

you can get the complete sample set at:

http://www.hyperreal.org/music/machines/categories/drum-machines/TR-606/samples/tr606kit.zip

(hope that link works!!)

Message 3/11             09-Sep-98  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: 606 samples

kilo

there's a samll set in the samples section here too... snare, hatz, tons, cymbels i think...

Message 4/11             10-Sep-98  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: 606 samples

buggo

the 606 has terrible sounds. really, unless you have a subwoofer, you can barely hear the kick!

is it analog or pcm?

Message 5/11             10-Sep-98  @  03:12 AM   -   RE: 606 samples

kilo

fuck off Buggo :-)... sure the kik is weedy... but the rest RO-O-O-O-O-O--C-K..... THAT SNARE IS THE NUTZ... and the hatz are the mettalist of them all....get one for 60 quid and sync it to your mix..... what a sound mate... !!!!... it's analog by the way...100%

Message 6/11             10-Sep-98  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: 606 samples

buggo

eeh...fuck it...I'm waiting for me emax!!! he he he he....

which reminds me, at www.spies.com, in the emax section, there is a compressed Emax thingy called "bliss.lhx" (or whatever the extension is...i forget.) Is this the "bliss disk" you made?

Message 7/11             10-Sep-98  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: 606 samples

pls

Yeah Kilo knows! I got my 606 for £40 mint in the
silver PVC carry case. I don't use it synced (sampled
it instead) but it just looks so smart.

Message 8/11             10-Sep-98  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: 606 samples

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

Kilo just ravesa (Or used to) about the bliss disk.. Yeah, all that shit is Emax banks.. But you need a PC that can read and write to DSDD disks to use the EMX prog that formats and transmits the data to the disks.. All my drives are too Nu Skool to do it.. Hehe, but if you have an old XT with a 3.5 or something, try it out...

Message 9/11             10-Sep-98  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: 606 samples

kilo

huh??..... you can format pc disks at 720k.... like if you want to transfer midifiles from an atari to a pc... it worketh i tell ye !!

Message 10/11             11-Sep-98  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: 606 samples

hilliard

One of the samples that most sets seem to leave out (when it comes to 606 or 808 stuff) is the sound that the hats make when a "closed-hat" is triggered at the same time as an "open-hat". I use this sound alot in patterns on my 606, but many folks seem to leave it out (haven't checked the set here, yet, kilo....just commenting on others I've seen). Just a thought.

This reminds me: I have the mod kit for adding KADI to my 606 (to be triggered via MIDI using my Kenton PRO-KADI), but I have yet to do the modification to the 606. Just wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to still get this "open/closed combo" sound from the 606, via MIDI, by triggering them both at the same time. Maybe it'll work exactly the same, just curious. Also, how will the "accent" work using KADI? Is it just another note assignment, or is it thru velocity, or what? Anyone know?

Message 11/11             12-Sep-98  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: 606 samples

Purple Haze

And if formatting/reading/writing of 720K disks doesn't work then try to start in dos instead of windows on your pc. Win95 seems to act a bit fucked up from time to time with 720K disks.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)