aaa Basic TX81z setup - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Basic TX81z setup

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             02-Aug-98  @  09:16 PM   -   Basic TX81z setup

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

A simple run-through would be nice: setting it up for multi-timbral operation, midi setup, basic programming, etc.

I wouldn't ask this except it seems to be real relevant of late, with so many newbies on this site snatching 'em up. And then there's lazy old Hilevelt who can't get off his ass to read the manual & get his head 'round yet another piece of kit.

BTW, here's a site on programming 4-op fm:

http://tilt.largo.fl.us/studio/dx27s.html

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             02-Aug-98  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

kilo

Link?:  No link

well, i can get the TX from over at the live studio we have, and run it thru a kinda basic tutorial..... but I gotta shit load of stuff to do and then a holiday I'm afraid... so i cant do it now....

Message 3/11             17-Aug-98  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

Hilevelt

Well, it appears browngirl is in some serious trouble, could somebody post a VERY basic intro to setting this up, not so much in programming sounds but using multitimbrality and other silly shit.

Influx? Kilo? You guys seem like the manual reading types...

Message 4/11             17-Aug-98  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

Influx

Well, Hilly-you obviously arent at Science,now, are you? Were missing Sage! Bummer.
I havent gotten to the part about using the Multitimbral setting, but I know its called "performance mode" and you can combine sounds there...thats all I got. I use it in "single" mode cuz the ESI has a better multi setup (easier to use, so far)
Say Browngirl-if you have any specific ???s Ill be glad to help ya out.

Message 5/11             17-Aug-98  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

browngirl

Cheers!

I'll be back!!!

Message 6/11             18-Aug-98  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

weasel

Browngirl, did you ever get the manual? If not, and you're in the US, I'll send you a copy just give me an address or something About multitimbral operation, you basically hit the play button once to get into perfrormance mode, then hit edit, and using the parameter, data entry, and cursor buttons you set things up... ...You get up to 8 fields, one for each "timbre", the most important parameters are probably the MIDI channel (specify which channel will trigger what voice) the reserved voices (you specify how to distribute the 8 notes of polyphony among those channels), and the actual patch for the channel...just hit edit and scan through the parameters with the parameter change buttons, to change a value, use the data entry buttons. Hope this helps...

Message 7/11             18-Aug-98  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

Hilevelt

yeah, weasel, thanks loads, that changes everything

Message 8/11             18-Aug-98  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

how do you get a rich deep bass sound?

I'm in the UK .... don't worry I'll figure it out!

Message 9/11             18-Aug-98  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

browngirl

how do you get a rich deep bass sound?

I'm in the UK .... don't worry I'll figure it out!

Message 10/11             18-Aug-98  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

Houseman

The quickest way to set up the TX81z as a multi-timbral module is with the Utility button.

First, make sure you are in perfomance mode. Hit the Utility button and then choose the performance you would like to use with the "dec" button.

Mono8: will give you 1 voice on each midi channel 1-8.

Poly4: will give you 2 voices on each midi channel 1-4.

Single: will give you all 8 voices on midi channel 1.

Dual: will give you 4 voices on part 1 and 4 voices on part 2, and both parts will be assigned midi channel 1.

By doing it this way, you automatically set the detune and note shift parameters to zero. This will ensure that each part is in the same key.

Don't forget to turn memory protect off (another Utility Parameter), and then save your initialized performance to one of the 24 available locations.

To save the performace, hold down the store button and while holding it down use the "dec" and "inc" buttons to choose a location and when you release the store button, hit the "inc/yes" button, and it will be saved to that location.

Have any more questions? Let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Message 11/11             18-Aug-98  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: Basic TX81z setup

browngirl

EXCELLENT!!!

Thanx

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)