aaa My juno2 is on strike :^[ - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: My juno2 is on strike :^[

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             20-Jul-98  @  12:09 AM   -   My juno2 is on strike :^[

J.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My juno2's decided to take a holiday. Every time I turn it on, the sound's low and distorted. After about 15-25 mns. i manage to restore the sound to its original level by "boosting" it up with the infamous aplha_juno-dial (f.inst. by maxing the vca level). Does anybody know how to fix this besides paying bundles to the roland-doctor? Any help would be TREMENDOULSY appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             20-Jul-98  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

My mks-7's been doing the same thing, but it fixes itself after I change patches a few times. I can't justify the cost of repair to such a cheap machine.

Message 3/11             20-Jul-98  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

J.

Yeah, it's gonna cost me 1000NOK (>£100), and that's about half of what I payed. Argh. Why do analogs have personality...

Message 4/11             20-Jul-98  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

kilo

er... it's a dco isn't it ?

Message 5/11             21-Jul-98  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

Purple Haze

Yep, it is (a dco that is, not vco)... still a very nice synth though...

Message 6/11             21-Jul-98  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

Hilevelt

J., I remember paying $900 for a fuckin' mc-303 when I lived in Norway (at least I got $150 back when I left the country "tax free"). Still, I was one of the first Americans to get one (yeah, lotta good that's done me).

Point is, you're gonna have to pay so much for anything else, you might as well fix it.

Kilo, by pointing out that it's a dco, you're assuming the problem's in the amp, right? Should that mean it'll be cheap to fix?

Message 7/11             21-Jul-98  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

kilo

no..... but like you said... i got an MKS30... and had to pay 150 to get it fixed... but it's worth it..what;s the option ??... throw it away ??..... i think it'll be something simple... possibly the power supply in some way......first up... i'd open it up and dust it out , clean it up and check all the solder joints and connectors..... ie a lite service.....

Message 8/11             21-Jul-98  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

J.

The Juno is well known for its "Doogie Howser, MD" piano sound; a true classic 8-)

I'm probably gonna cough up the cash to repair, coz even if some people think it's a lame&thinsounding synth, it's amazing what you can tweak out of it; I'm just discovering the filters; oh,man, I really wish I had that pg-300...

J.

Message 9/11             21-Jul-98  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

corley.brigman

i got one of these once in similar condition...sounded
like a simple repair so I opened her up, and there was
a screw bouncing around in there! removed the screw,
closed it all up and everything worked fine. don't know
if it was the screw or just something loose, but that's
always a good first try for almost any electronic
equipment....

Message 10/11             21-Jul-98  @  10:36 PM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

kilo

yeah... i just talked to a mate who picked up a korg synth in a market for 15 quid... when he booted it up it diplsyed crap on the screen... then as he took it to a mates place down the road who is a techno wizz electronic guy, he bashed it on the wall as he left the house by mistake... when he got there & booted it up... it was ok... then it died again... they looked inside... it was the internal battery.. it had died.. and leaked crap onto the curcuit board.....

Message 11/11             22-Jul-98  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: My juno2 is on strike :^[

Fingers

now is the winter of (my) discontent...hhmmm sounds like the junos going through a 70's revival...next thing you'll be sitting taking a crap when all the lights go off...when they go back on you'll find the power cut caused yer hard disk to corrupt...didnt have those problems in the 70's...god life was simpler...no clocks,vids,pcs,central heating systems etc etc etc to reset when the juice went off...I was very young of course...er...yeah my MUCH older brother told me about it...honest...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)