aaa Vocaloid - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Vocaloid

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             17-Feb-04  @  05:21 AM   -   Vocaloid

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Check that out^

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             17-Feb-04  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: Vocaloid

dARKSTATe

Its HILARIOUS...

Message 3/11             17-Feb-04  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

beds

Link?:  Link

hehe watch out the neville brothers!

it can sing better than me though

Message 4/11             17-Feb-04  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

craig

Not quite there yet... But it might work for harmony vocals.. Definately it'd be cool for demo purposes.. You could hand a pitch-perfect track to a singer to learn.

-Craig

Message 5/11             17-Feb-04  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

dARKSTATe

If you've got the time to sit down and program it... I've had a bit of a look and a LOT of effort is required to get anything even closely approximating a sung vocal.

Message 6/11             17-Feb-04  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

psylichon

I was thinking it was nice for bgv's.... but no nicer than heavily autotuned real vocals (which will sound more human anyway).

Message 7/11             18-Feb-04  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

dubmunkey

Link?:  No link

it sounds better than beddingfield thats for sure.....good idea just not sure if it would work...........

greg

Message 8/11             20-Feb-04  @  01:22 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

mag hag

All the magazines have claimed that this is the single biggest thing to happen to computer music since the first plug-in. Although products that the magazines give 9's and 10's out of 10's sound like f-king toys. Stuff that scores a 7 or 8 seems to me to actually be more pro orientated. I wonder why that is?

Message 9/11             20-Feb-04  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

beds

Link?:  Link

well, if you consider this to be a first effort and that technology always advances quicker than you anticipate, i think i could well be the biggest thing since plugins.

Message 10/11             20-Feb-04  @  03:10 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

jengens

what is so good about it ? what does it do ?

Message 11/11             20-Feb-04  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: Vocaloid

xoxos

we gotta sell a lotta copies to make this thing pay :p

that first 'check it' demo.. the last 'leon and lola' might have been purposefully articulated to sound like an old tts.. if not, then it doesn't sound like much more than a higher sampling rate version of flinger (if you haven't heard flinger, check my panicnow page for 'virtual paradise' or 'dawn.') which, btw, is freeware..

mbrola is also freeware.. dunno what sample rates it supports (flinger is only ~16kHz but.. works) but importing your own voice is possible on both platforms..

jic anyone's reading this that hasn't followed my 'saga of amateur freewareist exploits into speech synthesis,' here are a few leads to getting.. equally interesting vocal processes to the vocaloid..

mda talkbox.. there is no description, but i reckon it's a vocoder that uses fft instead of a number of bands.. feed it with a bright sawtooth and the output is almost like the original only with a bit of the characteristic odd harmonics prevalent, like the original only a bit flat/digitalised, prolly about the same quality as the cheaper autotuners..

haven't tried it yet, but add some high passed white noise (@~8k?) might save some of the 'sparkle' of the unprocessed vocal..

..i built an engine for my q-series algorithmic synth generators (yeah, me me me.. yawn..) for randomised vocoding, ie. the plugin changed pitch and stuff to the tempo.. i included a few modulation features, ie. a vibrato lfo that would fade in and out, a glide function that would modulate.. all in all i think only 3 different modulations to this signal, and the results were pretty cool for organic emulation.

in other words, an engine with perhaps 5 or 6 modulators (ie. 3 lfos, varying glide et c.) should produce a human, rawish sounding sequence.. so if one were to build a special synth in synthedit with these modulations configured to your control preferences..

..if you're familiar with the random vocals for my algorithmic bits, the major fault of that design is that there is no amplitude modulaiton of the control signal.. so you get vibrato, but no tremolo, or varying levels, which is very unnatural for voice.. consider that :p

..and if you're just looknig for a goofy sequenceable synth vocalist, there is a free called synger on my homepage.

options to the new dance craze.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)