aaa Audio - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Audio

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             08-Jan-04  @  07:41 PM   -   Audio

spinaltapz

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi I don't know if this is the right place but Im trying to record a microphone into Cubase and can't seem to do it. I have been plugging it into my soundcard but get no response (not even from the windows sound recorder) Does anyone have any suggestions pretty please? Thanks very much

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             08-Jan-04  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Audio

craig

Link?: Link

What kind of mike, what kind of sound card?

Message 3/11             08-Jan-04  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: Audio

sitar

You might need a preamp to power the signal from the mic to the soundcard. Need to know what kind of mic you have.

Message 4/11             08-Jan-04  @  10:23 PM   -   RE: Audio

spinaltapz

It's a crappy normal mic. A cheap D.I.Y type one. It's going into an Audigy 2zs.

Message 5/11             09-Jan-04  @  04:15 AM   -   RE: Audio

psylichon

first of all, make sure you are plugging the mic into the mic input and not the line input of your audigy (the line input has no gain, which you need with a mic-level signal). If you had a preamp, it would convert the mic level to line level, but I'm guessing you are using the audigy's preamp, which can only be accessed through the mic input.

Now, the audigy should show up as a single pair of inputs (stereo) in cubase, but that driver can actually take its source from a number of inputs (line jack, mic jack, CD-ROM audio, etc.) and you need to choose that to make sure you're recording the right thing.

This has been discussed recently (by me, as a matter of fact), so check out this link... in that case, the guy was trying to record from his CD-ROM, so just change it for your microphone situation, innit...

Make sense?

Message 6/11             09-Jan-04  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: Audio

catastrophic

i have a similar problem , other than all the f@#king ants on my desk (australia) my Audigy 2zs will record my mic but it wont record anything else IE synths.

Message 7/11             09-Jan-04  @  07:27 AM   -   RE: Audio

psylichon

did you follow my link?

Message 8/11             09-Jan-04  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: Audio

spinaltapz

Hi, followed your link and understood it. However when I click on the speaker icon in the sys tray an audigy screen comes up showing the levels of things like mic/line/cd etc. but doesn't allow me specify which one is to be used for recording, as it normally would.

Message 9/11             09-Jan-04  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: Audio

log x

catatonic - go to garden store, buy a sack o diatomaceous earth and sprinkle a ring of it around your work area. no more ants, no poisonous fumes that cause months of nose bleeds.. and you can tell people it's a magic thing and freak them out.

Message 10/11             09-Jan-04  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: Audio

Influx

diatomaceous earth keeps ants out? serious?

Message 11/11             09-Jan-04  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Audio

spinaltapz

Right it does allow u to select it as an input just by ticking it underneath. So they're all ticked and I'm still getting no sound. Very annoying.

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)