aaa VSTi to Soundforge wav - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: VSTi to Soundforge wav

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/11             19-Jan-04  @  06:48 PM   -   VSTi to Soundforge wav

L$

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What's the easiest way to record a VSTi's output into soundforge?

I don't have a VSTi host application (I use cakewalk, MIDI only), but I'd like to find a relatively painless way to record the output of a non-standalone capable VSTi into a wav so I can edit it in soundforge.

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             19-Jan-04  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

milan

Link?: Link

"non-standalone capable VSTi "? well you're gonna need a host for that first... check the threads, someone was mentioning some free vst hosts lately.

Message 3/11             19-Jan-04  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

BluStudio

im sure orion will let you host in demo mode, save disabled n all that...

think anyway, might be worth a peek

Message 4/11             19-Jan-04  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

L$

OK, well I found "chainer" and "simple VST host" in a 2002 thread.
I've downloaded them and will give them a try tonight.

Message 5/11             19-Jan-04  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

milan

kewl

Message 6/11             19-Jan-04  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

xoxos

synthedit will record to wav.. tobybear and a few others have vst fx that record to wav that might be useful based on other particularities.. but the real mystery is.. how are you familiar with the output of your vsti if you don't already have a host?? :p

Message 7/11             20-Jan-04  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

k

yes... my thoughts exactly ... how?

???

Message 8/11             20-Jan-04  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

L$

Well, I'm not familiar with the VSTi's... I just got sick of the sounds in my microq and wanted to start experimenting with some VSTi's, so I downloaded some demos.

btw thanks milan, chainer does exactly what I needed, plus more... and it's less than 300kb...awesome

Message 9/11             20-Jan-04  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

milan

you got sick of the microQ? you must be bonkers mate... tried roiling your own sounds yet? or even if you didnt, you can get tons more sounds from waldorf's ftp server and stefan trippler's websie (www.trippler.net), to name just a few.

Message 10/11             20-Jan-04  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

L$

you know, I really wanted to like the microq... it was my first real synth... I read the manual cover to cover (twice) spent time on the waldorf forum... downloaded all the free user patches....I thought with more experience I'd be able to get some useable sounds out of it...(the free patches tend to be more in the 'experimental' area)...

Well, a few weeks ago I started playing with the built in waveforms on my yamaha A4000 sampler...it has built in sine, saw, pulse and square waves... so I started adding envelopes to them, playing with the filters, sticking them through LFO's, adding effects etc... (I had just seen the movie Alien and wanted to see if I could recreate some of the sounds they used)...

anyway, I really enjoyed doing this, I got some good sounds with minimal effort, and finally felt like I understood the basics of analog synthesis... then I realized... this was the kind of thing I had bought the microq for in the first place, but never quite seemed to achieve... so I had another crack at making some similar basic analog sounds on the microq, and failed yet again... having established that the synth not my lack of knowledge was the problem I finally came to the conclusion I don't like the thing (I've had it for 2-3 years)

The kicker for me was trying to create a sub bass with a simple sine wave. On the A3000 I just transpose the sine wave down and I get a speaker rattling sub bass... On the microq, the sine wave sounds weak to begin with, then when transposed down it seems to fade away to nothing...

There's a couple sounds I like on the microq: Dirty Bass is a favorite (with the overdriven filters), and there's a couple of string pads I've been able to get out of it... but overall I found it just too hard to come up with the analog bread and butter sounds.

So...do you want to buy it? ;)

Message 11/11             20-Jan-04  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: VSTi to Soundforge wav

dARKSTATe

Well.. I guess its down to taste L$...

The uQ is nothing but phat.. like Vanessa Feltz on the total kebab diet!!

Dunno how you couldn't get anything you liked out of it... mebbe its the programming interface you didn't gel with. Ever try Norsez' PC editor?

Anyway, sounds like you've already made your mind to shift the thing - good luck and have fun with the VSTIs.. of course it doesn't automatically mean you'll find what you're looking for but there are some great free instruments out there otherwise its $$$ time...

Viewing all 11 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)