aaa analogue delay - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: analogue delay

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 13-Aug-98  @  03:04 PM   -   analogue delay

bill

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

if something is advertised as analogue delay does that automatically mean that it's a tape unit? or is there some nifty way of doing delay without being digital or tape-based that i haven't heard of?

i'm after a cheap cheap (<80ukp) delay unit - tempted by this weird boss pitch-shifter/delay guitar pedal but ideally i want something with knobs *and* a delay time readout.

the other thing was, i saw an advert for a reackmounted digital delay by JHS???? it was for about 50 quid i think - anyone ever heard of this?

will

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             18-Aug-98  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: analogue delay

bill

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

i got this boss digital one in the end - i think its pretty old - rps10, half rackmount. it delays up to 800ms which is ok - annoying thing is that there isn't one delay time knob but one to select the range (50ms, 100ms, 200ms, 400ms, 800ms) and then another one called a multiplier that goes from *1 to *0.5 - so you select say 400ms and you can twiddle from 400*1 to 400*0.5 (basically 200ms to 400ms) before you have to change the range. and its noisy BUT

there's another "range" setting called INV which must be inverse because it reverses the delays - so if you take a completely wet mix it sounds like you're playing/singing backwards - haven't figured out what effect twiddling the other knobs has on this setting yet.

finally, its a pitchshifter as well - up or down an octave or anything in between - it sounds pretty weird on voice but sweep some drums through it and it starts to sound pretty good. and you can pitchshift with delay, and pitchshift with inverse delay.

not bad for 40quid. got a nanocompressor for 60 as well which seems to be pretty good

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)