aaa Just bought myself an MPC2000... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Just bought myself an MPC2000...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 25-Dec-97  @  11:24 AM   -   Just bought myself an MPC2000...

DJ Phallus

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I bought an MPC2000 on monday, and I need some
help...
I've only been messing with it for a while, and
it seems there is no grid sequencer. I think I have to play everything and then record it. Can this be true? Then how the hell am I to program
good drum'n'bass loops and stuff?
I was trying to put some of my samples I have on
my computer on a disk to load into the MPC2000 with Goldwave, but this didn't seem to work. I saved them as 16 bit signed .snd-files. So why wasn't the MPC2000 able to read them? The user manual doesn't say what format I should use. I can load sounds from the mpc into my pc, and when I tried to apply some fx and save them and load them into the mpc again, it didn't work. HELP!
TNX

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             31-Jul-98  @  02:21 AM   -   Midi Delay!

Redman

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Check this out: I am using cakwalk7 to control my Asr-x ; using it as a module cuz cakewalk can do everything and more that its sequencer can. I make a drum track in cakewalk quantize, it all perfect the snare
hits at the beggining of the 1st measure exactly. I record the 1 measure loop into my Gina, export it into
soundforge, and what do i see??! Theres a small gap where there should have been all snare!!. A small
silence before the snare!! the 1 bar loop is the correct length for its bmp with the silence. So I do it again.. same thing I use a casio keyboard to play the drum sounds instead of the Asr-x...Same thing !!! a small gap before the snare.. I used software drum boxes like hammerhead,fruitlyloops.. and my snares start Right at the beggining no space no matter how small!! . I have to have my drums tight. I use an AWE64 for a midi interface (won't be suprised if thats the problem). My midi cables is like 6 or 10 ft. There is no complex daisy chain. I have a pentium 200 mmx computer 32 megs of ram. All these people who use midi and samplers to create
drum tracks can't have a small gap before the first hit in the drum loop!! Whats happening??? How can
I compensate for this.?? Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)