aaa best Aphex Twin CD? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: best Aphex Twin CD?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-Jul-98  @  03:15 AM   -   best Aphex Twin CD?

weasel

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

This guy seems to have produced a bucketload of crap, as well as some gems... what's his best release? ...and while I'm here, is timeless by goldie worth getting?, I'm not too keen on the vocal stuff...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/11             24-Jul-98  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: best Aphex Twin CD?

Thayl

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ahhh Noteven, my poor fool........
While SAW1 is truely a great album, I Care Because You Do is by far his best work. But his first track on the Ventolin remixes EP is probably the best thing I've ever heard from him.

His new track with Squarepusher on the "We Are Reasonable People" compilation is also a total mind killer, really building up into a break-techno fest.  

You should also try listening to the Polygon Window album "Surfing on Sine Waves" for an example of his really early stuff, a lot simpler than anything he's done now but still excellent.

-Thayl

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)