aaa Cakewalk over VST - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Cakewalk over VST

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-98  @  06:38 PM   -   Cakewalk over VST

csoldano

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

No, thank God I don't own it for the PC, but I have to say that Kilo was right, VST has a very
pretty colourful setup but does seem to be very crappy on performance. I bought the Producer Pack
and after checking up on it(WEb,stores) I returned
it right away before I could start messing with its potential problems. My opinion is that some
music manuf. do not take the PC platform very seriously or why would they release such sloppy
software, is it just to satisfy all the people who
own a PC, give us all a bone to feed on, then get
right back to work there MAC stuff!!!, making sure that baby runs JUST Perfect....

So anyway I got Cake 7 - and its pretty good - the
latency thing sucks and the Pitch to Midi thing is
a fucking joke. I would rather they put more into
audio stuff and skip a little on all those 'features' , anyone agree. SAW and Samplitude look
interesting - but aren't really MIDI sequencers.
All in all it is good , has a more sterile look about it - I guess they spent more time on actually making the thing work then painting pictures.

To recap just a bit, I don't know, but around me
most musicians swear by the Mac and look at me funny cause I use a PC, they always point out that
pros only use Macs(I have to say this seems to be true from what I've read) so whats going on ??

Responds and comments very welcome

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             26-Aug-98  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk over VST

Motai

This is waht I did.. I bought a MPC2000 studio model for Sequencing, and Midi control. I am using my PC with a mixer and a Turtle Beach Maui Surround 64. With the mixer you get the 1/4" jacks you need, and the digital out for samples to go into the MPC. You all might want to check out the Hardware accelerators to support PC based sample editing (Wavelab or Cool edit), and get the extra outs to do CD mastering and connecting other external hardware.

I agree, its A LOT of information. Took me months to figure out what I need. However I agree, for sequencing, use hardware. Its more direct, and don't "forget" waht your idea was when you had it! Hardware also had better timing.

Anyone have any other thoughts?

Motai

P.S. Kilo--Thanks for putting up this site, and getting me up to speed with all of this stuff!

Message 12/12             30-Aug-98  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: Cakewalk over VST

Bball

I have cubase on a 8600/200 powermac and I'm just getting into it. Timing problems I've yet to encounter -- does
one do the effects to master track and reimport, thereby
sparing CPU? Is that the workaround? Because I assume
it's effects that gum up the works...also: anyone got 4.0?

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)