aaa Phatboy Warning - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Phatboy Warning

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Aug-98  @  02:22 PM   -   Phatboy Warning

Rodsta

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just felt compelled to warn my fellow dance tech people about this Keyfax controller the Phat.Boy.

I bought one when they came out a few months ago....number 787 according to serial.

Anyway....I haven't used it much yet and...it's already falling apart!!

The knobs are of cheap quality and basically bits of their insides are already coming out, making them really loose. Then they don't output the full range (0..127) of controller values they are supposed to.

So beware...maybe save for the Peavey 1600 instead.

Rod.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             21-Aug-98  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: Phatboy Warning

bill

Link?:  Link

of course it is! it has a five-octave keyboard that's velocity and aftertouch sensistive as well as 12 assignable controllers - in fact, i think that there might be more controllers available through the footswitches.

really, comparing the an1x and the phatboy is a bit odd. but yes, the an1x is a very good controller - you get an arpeggiator over midi as well.

but one's 100quid and the other's 500. if you want cheap controllers get the phatboy, if you want serious controllers get the peavey 1600 and finally, if you want an amazing synth that just happens to have good controller options, get the an1x.

Message 12/12             21-Aug-98  @  09:05 PM   -   RE: Phatboy Warning

rouge

Link?:  No link

Can I use the AN1X to control my GS soundcard?

Does it send only XG SysEx? How does SysEx work???
It will work well with my DB50 won't it!?!?

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)