aaa bringing snares in early/late - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: bringing snares in early/late

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 08-Sep-03  @  08:34 PM   -   bringing snares in early/late

pokey

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

So, I've heard about people doing this a lot. People say 'move the snare hit 2 ticks forwards...'

What does this actually achieve and is it any good? Does it become sloppy at some point? What else needs moving forward - Can a 4/4 drum loop have the second and 4th kicks moved forward in this manner?

Thanks,

pokey.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/12             09-Sep-03  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: bringing snares in early/late

mcc>

man! take your track...push the snare on 4 measures and let it lay back on 4 measures and see if it helps make the thing move..or alternate every beat or other beat....do what you DAMNED likE!
if it' don't feel good...nix it.

all beats should be different....i mean....keep em tight as possible and rocking sure...but play around. experiment....but mostly have fun and don't let no rules bog you dowwwwn.
what milan was saying about the attack/decay thing is something i try to play with sometimes.
but i've never established any formula as to what works for all music. no one can really say. as what works for one song might completely suck for another.

Message 12/12             09-Sep-03  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: bringing snares in early/late

marianimal

Errata, that wasn't a worthless post at all. It was a good basic explanation of what and what not to swing or shuffle. And I agree, that it's possible to successfully shift snares in a breakbeat.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)