aaa Sonic Foundry's ACID - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Sonic Foundry's ACID

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             14-Aug-98  @  04:06 AM   -   Sonic Foundry's ACID

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

This program is great! If your making dance music on your PC, you have to try this. It's so f@#$%@#kin easy. I sold my Cubase VST for ACID and Sound Forge 4.5 and it was worth it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             14-Aug-98  @  04:08 AM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

It is an awesome program!

Message 3/13             14-Aug-98  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

If ya want to use somebody elses loops

Message 4/13             14-Aug-98  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

ACID gives you the option to use your own loops that you make. Your not restricted to "somebody elses" loops. Other than that, creating music with it is easy.

Message 5/13             14-Aug-98  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

For those who have ACID, do you have any tips on it? Is there a forum for this? Thanks.

Message 6/13             14-Aug-98  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

Ferg

I've got it and it's amazing. Though it does perhaps over-automate the whole process.

However, you can save all the individual files at the song tempo and then trigger them in your sampler or whatever if you want to play live.

I've never seen a program that is this powerful or easy to use. If you're using Soundforge as well then you're all set.

However, I have had problems using DirectX plugins. Something about device-sharing. Either I'm not using them properly or Sonic Foundry needs to work on that a bit.
Someone posted an URL to some Acid tunes that he had written, I think it was bill@plig.net. Maybe he can give you some pointers.

Message 7/13             14-Aug-98  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

rouge

I've got a cracked version. Its alright. Not very inspiring. Good if you can't make tunes.

Message 8/13             14-Aug-98  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

Blunted

Good if you can't make tunes? You mean it'll make'm for you? So do you always have to use loops? No midi? No single sample sequencing?....it sure is expensive tho..

Message 9/13             14-Aug-98  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

J.L.

Yo Rouge,
Where did you get that Crack Acid? I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for this, since its sooo DAMN expensive...

Message 10/13             15-Aug-98  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

DJoskar

Other than the ACID CD loop libraries which I think sucks except for Funky Extremes II, where can I find bass synths, piano synths, pads, percussion, even vocals in .wav format on the internet or cd-roms?

Message 11/13             15-Aug-98  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

rouge

I'll see what I can do

Message 12/13             15-Aug-98  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

rouge

if you look in the Loot theres .... oh shit ... my monitor just stabbed me in the eye!

Message 13/13             17-Aug-98  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

bill

Link?:  Link

i think acid's pretty good for what it does - its dead easy to record loops into it and lop the ends off in soundforge so whoever said "if you want to use someone else's loops" was chatting shit....

the only problems i have with it are...

a) if you want to use loops for the main part but program your drums by hand then the single-shot mode is a bit limited - doesn't group your patterns into clips/parts like cakewalk or cubase - makes it hard to go through the whole song. which is why i only really use it as a scratchpad....

b) doesn't do midi itself and i for some reason can't hook it up to cakewalk or any other midi source. annoying, because acid for the loops hooked up to a sampler for the drums would begin to be pretty powerful

c) its annoying that every time you open a drum-hit it opens as a loop - there should be a function where you set a level in Kb where anything less than that opens as a one-shot....

but i used it for ages and ages before i had a sampler (now i just use cake) - ithandled my direct x plugs fine if i remember - but then i had at most two going at once....

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)