aaa interested in em festival? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: interested in em festival?

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13             19-Sep-03  @  08:36 PM   -   interested in em festival?

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

i've often posted links to arcosanti - in brief, paolo soleri's prototype arcology, being a city built with consideration for it's environment.. minimal impact, maximum advantage, that sort of thing. functions as a conference center. checking the page, i found that an electronic music festival was recently held there, but my impression from their mailing list is a bit stuffy, overbearing personality in the infrastructure, which i could see ruining a potentially excellent experience.. weird buildings and sounds on a mesa above the mogollon rim.. no cops.. :p

anyway, it's a nice place, i doubt they would run a dance gig.. but would anyone be interested in holding more of a 'conference,' tho? i'm basically taking their idea and making it cool.. jamming, a night, day or two of performance. possibly even as a seminar.. anyone into it?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             19-Sep-03  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

errata

Link?:  No link

Soleri is brilliant! One of the greatest of our time... and recognized about as well as the last person as brilliant as him (Nikolai Tesla)... Sounds just spiffy what you're on about here! Damned fine...

e

Message 3/13             19-Sep-03  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

Pongoid

If I can take the time off, you can sure as hell count me in. That place is dope, and I'd definately be honored to add my energy to the concept, especially if it can help undo some of the stuffiness.

Ape

Message 4/13             20-Sep-03  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

xoxos

haven't completely given up on the other group yet.. www.differentskies.org half a dozen more people interested, and i will. may-juneish is still relatively cool..

Message 5/13             20-Sep-03  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

Maarten

looks & sounds kewl! hell, a DT gathering andf instead of the music tracks forum => we could hear eachother live  - that would be cool

Message 6/13             21-Sep-03  @  08:40 AM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

errata

Yeah, with that much warning, I'd definately be down... get all the kids from all around the states to make a trip!

Come on guys, walk the walk yo!!!

e

Message 7/13             21-Sep-03  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

xoxos

it's worth the visit from europe.. :p plus since you're in az, you can stop by havasupai.. kinda a tropical paradise at the bottom of the grand canyon, if you're big on exotic locales.

Message 8/13             21-Sep-03  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

Maarten

If such a thing would go down, and we would know this far ahead- I'd pay the visit for sure.  

Message 9/13             21-Sep-03  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

milan

unless the power runs out again *cough*  

Message 10/13             21-Sep-03  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

Maarten

fucker!  

Message 11/13             21-Sep-03  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

mcc>

let me know if this happens. so many of you i'd like to meet.
as for walking the walk .....what walk is that yo!?

Message 12/13             21-Sep-03  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

michael babb

that would be great. i live in phoenix and could definitely help out with some of the logistics if you want. its only about an hour north.

for those of you who haven't seen it, it really is a pretty cool place. not to mention all the other natural wonders of this state.

plus i will buy a round if you make the trip...

Message 13/13             22-Sep-03  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: interested in em festival?

errata

I'm not sure what walk! But things like that always seem to motivate people so I figured, "What the hell???!!!"

I've always wanted to see the Anasazi ruins as well... might make a trip of it. I'm so down.

e

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)