aaa PC Studio Gears for Dance Music - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: PC Studio Gears for Dance Music

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 21-Aug-98  @  06:00 AM   -   PC Studio Gears for Dance Music

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Please help. The guys that work in the software department at Guitar Center that I went to don't know jack. I have Soundforge 4.5 and ACID, Pinnacle soundcard, Soundforge CD Factory, Hammerhead, Rebirth 2.0, and RubberDuck, and several sample cd-roms. What else do I need to complete my dance studio? New to this. What will I need in order of importance? A sampler, multitrack mixer/recorder, sound module, etc. About the sound module. Will I still need this equipment if I already have a sampler or vice versa? I want to try to stay with software programs as much as possible. The GIGASAMPLER maybe? Is there a sound module software program? I don't want to have to use external equipment. Lastly. What software program can I buy to create freakin melodies(rhythm melodies like a catchy piano melody, synth melodies, etc.). Makin' Waves kinda had a "Fisher Price" toy sound to it. Didn't like it. Thank you.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             28-Aug-98  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: PC Studio Gears for Dance Music

sphinx

yeah

I started out with a DB50 XG riding a Tahiti with a Maui next door (sounds like some sort of suburban sex game) and it all sounded pretty good from the word go - took a while to get the config. right but hey that's cards for you. It made a real difference adding a little outboard mixer - folio notepad and giving the kicks and snares coming out of the Maui some boot and crack. I've gone the whole hog now - O3D, E-synth, JV 2080, FX , Compression. Jesus it's a learning curve, sometimes miss the speed with which you can work when you've got a simple set up that you know well. So many options now that it can almost be paralysing. Still, six months in and starting to turn some corners.

Message 12/13             21-Sep-98  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: PC Studio Gears for Dance Music

Solar_Fusion

From what I've heard, fuck everything, the new Yamaha SW1000XG card is the shit! Acording to one of the guys there I mailed, a sample upgrade card will be available as well, along with the virtual analog, DX7 and harmoniser ones. The card is basically an MU100 on a piece of plastic that slots into a PCI slot, HD recording, 1200+ sounds, and a firm upgrade path, plus 6 FX processors. What more could you want. Get a fairly decent PC, UDMA or SCSI disk, a CDR and this card, hold out for the sample option and there you have your dance studio. I'm gonna sell my Terratec EWS64 to get it.

Bang on.

Message 13/13             21-Sep-98  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: PC Studio Gears for Dance Music

genie

Creamware's Pulsar/Scope!!! 6/15 Sharc DSPs, mixer, modular/FM synth, FX, 20 I/Os, no latency!!!
$1299 list price for Pulsar.
www.creamware.com
www.creamware.de

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)