aaa Do I need a sampler? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Do I need a sampler?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-98  @  09:37 PM   -   Do I need a sampler?

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi,

I currently am using mostly software for my synthesis and sequencing. Im using an awe 64 gold, making waves, sound forge and acid. Am I missing out on something by not having a dedicated sampler? Im not planning to perform out live, I'm a DJ. How terrible is it to use the awe's sampling Ram?

Thanks,

Slicksta

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             15-Sep-98  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Do I need a sampler?

Purple Haze

I used an awe64 (still got it), have played around with making waves (nice program), but after buying my esi32 and learning how to use it, I can't imagine having to do without and having only the awe64 as sample playback device.

Making waves is ok, but it's nothing compared to the ease of use and the versatility (wow, I'm learning difficult words) of a sampler. You can't really compare the two, it's quite a different way of working imho.

Message 12/13             15-Sep-98  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Do I need a sampler?

Soundblaster AWEs are bullshit !

if itīs a 32er or 64er or "Gold" is not the matter

these Cards defently suck !
the output of the Synth/Sampler is crap
The Soundblaster 16 or whatever is good for games,
the Wave out is okay.

Holger

Message 13/13             16-Sep-98  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: Do I need a sampler?

Richie

Awe Toy! Shit, I'd forgotten about that! I used to have it before I re-formatted my drive.. I'll have to dig it out again. Thanks for reminding me. Hopefully I'll be getting a sampler in the not to distant future tho, I think I'm going for the A3000 since I found out it could read wav files, makes editing a load easier if you can use sound forge or cool edit.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)