aaa Sonic Foundry's ACID - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Sonic Foundry's ACID

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-98  @  04:06 AM   -   Sonic Foundry's ACID

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

This program is great! If your making dance music on your PC, you have to try this. It's so f@#$%@#kin easy. I sold my Cubase VST for ACID and Sound Forge 4.5 and it was worth it.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             15-Aug-98  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

rouge

I'll see what I can do

Message 12/13             15-Aug-98  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

rouge

if you look in the Loot theres .... oh shit ... my monitor just stabbed me in the eye!

Message 13/13             17-Aug-98  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: Sonic Foundry's ACID

bill

Link?:  Link

i think acid's pretty good for what it does - its dead easy to record loops into it and lop the ends off in soundforge so whoever said "if you want to use someone else's loops" was chatting shit....

the only problems i have with it are...

a) if you want to use loops for the main part but program your drums by hand then the single-shot mode is a bit limited - doesn't group your patterns into clips/parts like cakewalk or cubase - makes it hard to go through the whole song. which is why i only really use it as a scratchpad....

b) doesn't do midi itself and i for some reason can't hook it up to cakewalk or any other midi source. annoying, because acid for the loops hooked up to a sampler for the drums would begin to be pretty powerful

c) its annoying that every time you open a drum-hit it opens as a loop - there should be a function where you set a level in Kb where anything less than that opens as a one-shot....

but i used it for ages and ages before i had a sampler (now i just use cake) - ithandled my direct x plugs fine if i remember - but then i had at most two going at once....

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)