aaa Orchestral compositions on paper... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Orchestral compositions on paper...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 17-Aug-04  @  09:58 AM   -   Orchestral compositions on paper...

JJ Freqy

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Does anyone here at DT write orchestral / choral/ vocal compositions on paper? The reason I ask is because I do and I'm looking for somebody to exchange compositions to check for mistakes and to learn from.

The easiest way to do this IMO is to write the comp on paper and then put the information into a notation software (e.g. Finale, Overture, etc) and then send the file via e-mail to each other. I'm looking at writing about a simple two phrase period (8 bars) with a cadence at the end of each phrase. Nothing fancy.

I want to write about two a week. If anyone is up to this please let me know. Thank you for your time.

JJ Freqy

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/13             17-Aug-04  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Orchestral compositions on paper...

xoxos

Link?: Link

haven't read sheet since i was ~8. hold a certain amount of envy.. it's said duke ellington once wrote out (i guess 'quick score notations,' chord progs and et c.) all the sheet for a new # in 20 minutes once. it's going to take me 20 years to make a gui that efficient.

Message 12/13             17-Aug-04  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: Orchestral compositions on paper...

JJ Freqy

Hey Sitar, wasn't it the tritone that was thought to be of the devil? I don't
remember hearing anything about the interval of a third to be thought of as evil in
that time. A third is a consonanat interval vs. a tritone which has much
dissonance and not as pleasing to the ear at that time.

Peter, would it be easier to put up my piece and let you hear it? I have a MIDI
file of it now what I'll do is put it up and let you hear it. There's one place that
really stands out when I listen to it, but when I look at the composition on paper it
look 100% correct. Can I put .mid files up on my DT user page?

I have an Overture file of the comp, but if you'd like I'll also put it in Logic. I
don't Logic's notation part is as easy as Overture though.

JJ Freqy

Message 13/13             17-Aug-04  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Orchestral compositions on paper...

SignalRunners - BLU

Not that i have a clue about this stuff but just noticed-

you can attach a file to this thread mate, see up ^^^ - attach file to message bit

blu

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)