aaa Time Stretch . . . What is it???? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Time Stretch . . . What is it????

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Jan-98  @  07:28 PM   -   Time Stretch . . . What is it????

cgifford

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Yup . . . I don't know what it is. Please enlighten me.

Thanks,
Brad

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             02-Oct-98  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Time Stretch . . . What is it????

xoxos

Link?:  Link

pardon me?

2) i care a fucking lot.

i erased the rest of this because you really don't need to know the personal details of my life.

xoxos.

Message 12/14             02-Oct-98  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Time Stretch . . . What is it????

buggo:
a lot of software does the job just fine... try soundforge or goldwave.. they are capable of changing the speed without altering the pitch, and it sounds nice....
btw; changing the pitch without altering the speed has a name aswell; pitchshift...

/troels
www.undergrunden.dk/fungalfarm

Message 13/14             03-Oct-98  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: Time Stretch . . . What is it????

Dan S.

I've heard about something called frequency shift. And if I remember it correctly it meant shifting each harmonic of a sound by a certain amount.
The thing is that all the harmonics are supposed to be shifted by the same amount, which would totally fuck the sound.
Does anyone know of software capabel of doing this?

Message 14/14             08-Oct-98  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: Time Stretch . . . What is it????

Errata

I got the same "vocoder" effect by doing this:
I key map the sample over about 5 keys. Then I Time-stretch the source key to fit the BPM of my track. Then I re-sample it. Next I take the same sample from 1 or 2 notes down and time stretch it to fit the Bpm as well.
If you don't go too far than the samples won't be too far off and you'll get the jet phasing effect djs get when the same song is on 2 turntables but the speed is a little different. With the sampler you can tune and play and resample this until you've got mad effects. It'll even work with rythm tracks if you keep the source close to the resamples.
Try it...

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)