aaa Filters on a Sampler - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Filters on a Sampler

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 19-Aug-98  @  06:23 PM   -   Filters on a Sampler

hmfoster

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Can the filters on the Akai S-series samplers be controlled via Midi? Ya know, for
cool techno effects? What about Emu's? I'm about to purchase my first Sampler,
which I plan to use mostly for drums, but I also want to be able to filter stuff to death.
That damn A3000 probly does it all but its so expensive; maybe I would be better off
purchasing an S2000 and loading it W/options. I also wish to be able to utilize
SoundForge to edit with. tally hoe, thanks, Jim

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             22-Aug-98  @  05:22 AM   -   RE: Filters on a Sampler

hmfoster

Okay, what's this Turnkey you speak of sir?
Where Should I look for a used Esi-32?

Message 12/14             22-Aug-98  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: Filters on a Sampler

Will

Turnkey is mail order in the uk. You can check out their website at http://www.turnkey.uk.com/ It might be worth putting wanted ads in classified columns. Ring up shops and ask for what they got secondhand. In shops especially try to haggle the price down and you will probably get a nice discount. Even if you really want what the got pretend its not quite what youre lokking for and that your not sure. And try to pay cash!!

Message 13/14             26-Aug-98  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: Filters on a Sampler

ludo

Got myself an esi-4000 (without the turbo option... for now).
I love it so far. There is 20 filters which are pretty damn cool. They added some new ones I think, like the bat-phaser, which can produce some really weird sounds.
But I was so glad when I started assigning controlers curves in cakewalk to mofify the filters.... it's so neat and easy.
Anyway, if you got the money I think the e-4000 is the a good buy. The interface is very easy, and all the functions are 2 buttons away. The sounds is very good. You can scrub trhough the samples with the wheel of your keyboard. The CDrom that comes with it has a quite good selection of excellent sounds (if you have a SCSI CD reader... cause if you don't you won't be able to read the CD...). And I love the LFOs, VCAs, VCFs, and other generators. I could go on and on...
I'll just say that the thing is amazing me with the sounds (techno sounds) that comes out of it. It does all I need and more.

Message 14/14             26-Aug-98  @  10:25 PM   -   RE: Filters on a Sampler

is there any Editing Software for the A3000 or ESI4000
yet ?

(full functional)

Holger

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)