aaa The "Duh" Factor - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The "Duh" Factor

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Jan-04  @  11:16 PM   -   The " duh " factor

cydonia cell

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

OK, I remember a while back we were talking about making these stupid blunders in the studio and on stage.. I can't find the thread, so I'm starting this one. for this special message of love and hope...

I have a friend, he's been making industrial-ish electronic music since the early 90's. He's pretty proficient, knows how to program, engineer, etc. So he bought a Roland XP30 3 years ago and it worked wonderfully for the first year he had it. Then he moved to California, got his synth out of the crate, and the MIDI wouldn't work. I had a look at it, hooked it all up, went in and played with all the settings etc, nothing! another friend looked at it as well... we all agreed that the MIDI port was screwed up and likely came loose in the move, a little solder and he's solid. Now, he's been on some hard times, no money for 2 years now to get it fixed, and he's not comfortable doing the soldering himself. Last night he brought it over (he plays quite well, and doesn't need MIDI for recording, etc...) and as he takes it out of the car he notices this little switch...

You know how some synths can be set to work off of a USB cable? well, the ol' XP30 is one of them! And if you set the little switch to PC instead of MIDI, the MIDI won't work at all! Hehehehehe... so, um, this guy's been without MIDI for 2 years on this synth because a little switch got moved and we were all too stupid to look at it!

Just thought I'd share!

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             21-Jan-04  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: The

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

Link?: Link

Well, if we're going to go there...

The blower for the AC in my car (a beater - 1986 Chevy Cavalier) went in late Summer of last year. I thought it would be too expensive to fix, Fall's around the corner, and I'll be buying another motorbike next year, so I think, "fahget about it, I ain't spendin' no more dough on dis beater".

I went to Maggie Valley, NC (smaaaaaall town) two weeks ago where it was in the teens temp wise and the windows wouldn't unfog with just the heater and no blower. I finally got it to a local shadetree type shop after it warmed up a bit. The guy tests the circuit and replaces a relay switch for $15.00US.

Message 12/14             21-Jan-04  @  07:50 PM     Edit: 21-Jan-04  |  07:51 PM   -   RE: The

sitar

Yesterday I was asked to create an Excel chart. Excel is always screwing up and it's boring but I said fine. I create the chart and it's just a white box. I'm like "Excel is always screwing up". A guy hears me cursing at the program, comes over, looks, and says "you have no data selected".

And this happens about once a year. I open something in Sonar and hit play. Sonar's running but no sound. I close and reopen, same thing. I turn the volume up but nothing until I'm like "what's that?". I track the sound to my headphones and that's when I remember I turned my monitors off the night before. You'd think I'd learn but about every year it catches me by surprise all over again.

http://www.rasta-man.co.uk/images/doh.gif

Message 13/14             23-Jan-04  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: The

lucidskies

Link?:  Link

Hmmm, ok, so duh it is? Right... So I was living with my parents, and for a year my
bathroom sink faucet didnt work--it just dripped water. Just before I moved out, my
parents had to reappraise the house, so they called in a plumber to fix my sink. Plumber
comes in, 5 minutes later he's back out and my sink is working. Appearently the faucet
was just clogged and was easily fixxable. An entire year with no Bathroom sink--now
that I think about it It seems pretty goofy that I used my shower as my sink for so
long...DER!
-Mike

Message 14/14             29-Jan-04  @  05:50 AM   -   RE: The

Broken Silence

hehe hey lucid :D

another DUH

asking about where to find a fruityloops website and demo.

when the website is: www.fruityloops.com !!!

and the demo is: on the FRONT PAGE

duhh

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)