aaa who is this composer - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: who is this composer

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15             07-Nov-03  @  08:43 PM   -   who is this composer

Broken Silence

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I was fucking around on the keyboard and stumbled on this riff. I'm pretty sure it's some classical music tune. Can anyone tell me who it is (i think it's bach) and maybe which symphony or whatever it is?

Thanks alot

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             07-Nov-03  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: who is this composer

psylichon

OOOOOOOOOh , THAT one!

(a link or clip would be nice, dood)

Message 3/15             07-Nov-03  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: who is this composer

Broken Silence

File?:  File

Bach.mp3

Fooook! Assss!

Message 4/15             08-Nov-03  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

§ï†ÅR

I don't recognize it as anything specifically but there's still so much I haven't heard. Could be Bach. It also might just sound classical. It's a nice riff though whatever it is. Bach would've no doubt had a blast with these instruments. What are you playing that on?

Message 5/15             08-Nov-03  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

danktle

I don't recognize that either. There is some root movement that is common to some of Motzart's stuff I think, but I learned all of that stuff so that I could forget it. That's what Dizzie Gillespie told me to do. Or was it Charlie Parker who said that? Shoot, I forget...

Message 6/15             08-Nov-03  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

psylichon

It's a very cliche movement following the "circle of fifths." By cliche, I don't necessarily mean "overused" or "cheesy" just that it is a classically-founded root movement that has been used throughout the centuries.

It's a good one and you should use it. Bach will not sue.

Message 7/15             08-Nov-03  @  12:56 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

Broken Silence

hehehe cool thanks guys!

It's played on my virus classic   Love that sound...never went full cutoff though...sounds gorgeous there too.

Yeah think this one might be worth makin a track...hopefully this doesnt get erased either

Message 8/15             08-Nov-03  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

Defector Z

Bach won't, but his grandkids probably will.

Message 9/15             08-Nov-03  @  05:12 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

Mindspawn

Reminds me a bit of Albioni(?), but like psy says, it's implemented by a lot of composers... Nice, by the by...

Message 10/15             09-Nov-03  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: who is this composer

§ï†ÅR

ahh bologne imean Albioni. Haven't heard that name in a long time. Or is it Al Bioni the the sportscaster....

Yea it is something used a lot in classical music but like psylichon said it's not overused. I thought it was gorgeous. Definately base a track on it. Do Not delete it. Virus...nice. I know a lot of synths can do this. I was curious if it was h/w or s/w. Thanks

Message 11/15             10-Nov-03  @  02:23 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

Stuff

File?:  File

DraculStuff.mp3

/\ /\ /\ /\ noo this is the classic-stylish stuff you should try. Complex, well-detailed, varied and creative! (not just some arpeggio-chords)

Message 12/15             10-Nov-03  @  03:25 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

Broken Silence

I downloaded that tune and am fucking impressed. I'll try that next   after I fix my lineup of songs...that's on the list  

Fucking awesome that is

Message 13/15             10-Nov-03  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

§ï†ÅR

The wicked thing about that is the harmony/counterpoint is implied. Whenever I've written something like that I wonder if the listener will hear the same harmony I'm hearing when I write it. And the answer is.......................you never know. There are many possible harmonic accompaniments that can go with that. I hear what I'm hearing but someone else will hear something very different. Nice.

Message 14/15             10-Nov-03  @  04:38 AM   -   RE: who is this composer

Stuff

Yeah it's a killer riff. Could be some copyright issues on this particular one, though. Because it has already been released by a well known israelian duo. Anyway it was a hard fucking job to cope it from their original song. The melody changes (slightly) from different sounds in different parts and of course i wanted it all. I was too uninspired to do a shitty melody on my own at this moment - so it was made for analyzing so i can (at least) try to do something as fresh as "Dracul" on my own.

And for those who are intrested 'my acid line' from the Proph, isn't really exactly like theirs, with this riff (not only because they use a Nord Lead ;). I've added the lower notes from the ending melody of the original song (which isn't a screaming snd) to the 'acid part' because this part would sound a bit empty otherwise in my little clip..

ERRRRR sure you've noticed that i've been awake for 28 hours now so i should go to sleep

Message 15/15             27-Nov-03  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: who is this composer

ricotoven1

It sounds like the buildings look in Brussles, Belgium.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)