aaa Drum pads/electronic triggers - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Drum pads/electronic triggers

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 18-Nov-98  @  03:49 PM   -   Drum pads/electronic triggers

99devils

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Anybody here using electronic pads or triggers for entering/playing drum parts? I'm looking at some of the low cost options in this area. I already have an Alesis DM5 so I have the ability to add "standard" pads or triggers for drums. Anyone know anything about the Simmons and/or Yamaha pads? Are there any others I should be aware of? I'm loking low cost here, so please don't rant about the Clavia ddrums :-)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             30-Nov-98  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Drum pads/electronic triggers

Errata

Long ago I worked with an Industrial guy who had a D4. He did the same thing as Kdaldy...only he taped the mics into pvc pipe and built this big ugly thing he called a drum kit. It looked somewhat monstrous but was a blast to play with, I'd do it myself now if I had a drum unit like the d5...also a Roland Octapad if you can find one used sends via midi to the d5 and is cheap cheap cheap and it leaves your drum trigger ports free. In this way you can build some of your own triggers and use the octapad and have a virtual kit...good luck.

Message 12/15             02-Dec-98  @  04:06 AM   -   RE: Drum pads/electronic triggers

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

DIY is definately the cheapest way to go. Any fairly solid object, and some cheap piezo contact transducers, and a used D4, and you are definately in business; cheap and fun. Picture what kind of havoc you could wreak with some pots and pans on a coat rack rigged up with the D4 as your interface, and a sampler with who knows what kind of noises. Mmmm.....
Ape

Message 13/15             02-Dec-98  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: Drum pads/electronic triggers

horizens

going along with what's been suggested, you could also buy a few drum practice pads and add triggers to them. i like the responsive feel of the rubber heads.
brilliant idea from kdaldy

Message 14/15             02-Dec-98  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Drum pads/electronic triggers

99devils

going back to the start of this thread....

Yeah I know you can make 'em. I've thought about it several times. Consider that a practice pad costs about $10, and the rest of the stuff you need costs about $5 (Piezo Mike, wire, 1/4 inch jack), plus your time, it would probably be worth it to plunder the used market of its $20-30 pads.

Anyway, I've begin thinking about building them again.

-Craig

Message 15/15             02-Dec-98  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Drum pads/electronic triggers

kilo

well, you can put a rubber pad over a wood back-board with a piezo stuck on it ... that'll work...

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)