aaa Which headphones? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Which headphones?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 20-Oct-03  @  10:37 PM   -   Which headphones?

m

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Im an old lurker here and need some advice...

I need some phones with a true linear response and that are comfortable. I have decent monitors but I want to be able to check my mixes on these. ive been recommended AKG, Sony and Senheiser but i dont know which models of each.

Could you please tell me the exact model numbers/names i should look out for and any other useful details you care to mention?

I live on a remote island in the med where nothing is available but will be in london in the next few days, so any info would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             21-Oct-03  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: Which headphones?

k

K240 here too..

Message 12/16             21-Oct-03  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Which headphones?

m

Great I will check all of those.

One other question, are closed back headphones more tiring to listen to? of all the phones ive had so far the open beck type seemed to be softer on my ears. im not concerned about sound bleeding through cos i wont use them for vocal recording.

Now i have some Pioneer DJ phones but after a half hour they get real unconfortable cos the cup pushes my ear to my head. Sound seems ok, maybe a bit strong on the treble.

Cheers

Message 13/16             21-Oct-03  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Which headphones?

GrooveMonkey

Link?: Link

I've gone through a few cans, and my sennheiser closed backs are really comfortable, can wear them for hours

G

Message 14/16             21-Oct-03  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: Which headphones?

psylichon

Link?: Link

If you want open-backs, I recommend you check out the Grado SR series. They range from about $80-$300, and they have a remarkably clear, flat, open sound. My boss swears by his (one of the upper-end models), keeps them under lock and key, and absolutely knows his shit when it comes to how things should sound. check em out...

psy

Message 15/16             21-Oct-03  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: Which headphones?

Yonce N Mild

AKG K240 as well, love em

Message 16/16             23-Oct-03  @  05:22 AM   -   RE: Which headphones?

Hydrofonix

Which headphones for Trance?

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)