aaa Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17             29-Jul-98  @  02:52 PM   -   Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

helena

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've just pruchased Dance/Rave ejay, and already
chucked together about a dozen tunes.
As all the harmonies are variations (up to 4) on
A minor (i think),the stuff I'm throwing together
now is sounding all very similar. Wadda u think
of this software, and have u any suggestions to
improve it, and any suggestions of similar software that is more flexible ?.

Steve Gregory

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             29-Jul-98  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

kilo

never erd of it... where is it....??...

Message 3/17             30-Jul-98  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

replica

Kilo - don't you read the music press !!

Its a sample sequencer a'la circle elements,mixman studio
etc.

Message 4/17             30-Jul-98  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

Kilo - you think you know it all eh !

Message 5/17             30-Jul-98  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

Fingers

sounds ...APPSurd...groan...doh...I'll just get me coat...

Message 6/17             30-Jul-98  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

BUGGO

SOUNDS SHITE TO ME

Message 7/17             31-Jul-98  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

My buddy makes some sick stuff w/ mixman, & really fast. Really, Acid is nothing more than one of these silly app's repackaged pro.

Message 8/17             01-Aug-98  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

replica

I think for £20 its great fun - you goet over a 1000
samples and an arranger - and you can record your own
wav files to use.

OK it aint Cubase VST - but its £20 for christ sake -
and the results, although after a few weeks are repititive
are excellent - and you can get additional sample kits.

Its good fun - not professional - just fun !

Message 9/17             01-Aug-98  @  11:37 AM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

Rouge

Get OUT NOW!!!!!!!

Don't waste threads with this piece of crap - dance e-jay is for turds! (turds that need tunes for them) - Forget it!

Message 10/17             01-Aug-98  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

replica

Rouge - you pillock - I said it was for fun OK !!

Message 11/17             01-Aug-98  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

Rouge

Calling me a pillock! Outside Now!

I used it and it didn't provide me with any pleasure at all!

Now Now - no need to get personal!

Message 12/17             01-Aug-98  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

kilo

yeah absolutley... no need to get personal...... I dont think I know it all actually Replica.... yeah yeah... I know it's your sad nameless post.. .....

if you read my little section at the side, i say it is just my opinion like all magazines....

actually... NO... i havent read any mags for 4 months about.... WHY??? cos i've been working my nutz off building this new data driven dancetech so that the people who come here to communicate, can actually do so further, and to provide them with greater facilities than any other music tech website out there... and to give those that want to the chance to add reviews of equipment to the system .... cos I love the majority of the regular people here, they are either helpful to others, or trying to achive something.... and I tip my hat to them,.... they are fucking worth it.... you say stuff like sample cd's are too much... well, that and the ability to get new sounds if one of the reasons why i spent all that time at my own expense to build a file library system for people to trade files, sounds, beats, sequences and samples etc etc..... i'm also trying to get a cheap cd out on the market so as folks can get a great bunch of app's to help with their pc music making...

Message 13/17             01-Aug-98  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

replica

Rouge - You started pal (with the turds insult).

See ya outside.....

Message 14/17             01-Aug-98  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

replica

Kilo - credit where its due - this site is good -
thanks - I'll try and be a good boy Ok !!

Message 15/17             01-Aug-98  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

Rouge

Oooops! I'm terribly misunderstood eh chaps!

Right! Behind the bikesheds at hometime
Be there or else!!!
GGRRRRRR

Message 16/17             01-Aug-98  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

kilo

no.... try to be informative...... I am interested in what you use and all that...... you seem to like some of the 80's synth artists, i notice you mention Gary Newman.... and lets face it CARS is a very fuck-off groundbreaking track it staggers me the sound when i hear it time & time again..... anyways..... what do you use, and to make what??

Message 17/17             02-Aug-98  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: Dance/Rave ejay - wadda u think

replica

I use a Pentium PC 166mhz with,Roland mother,AWE64 &
MU10,Yamaha RY20 (for messing around on), HP CD recorder
for mixing down. Software : Cakewalk V5,Cool edit pro,
Thats about it these days - flogged all the synths cos I dont use/need them anymore. I don't aspire to anything
musically cos the day job pays better, its just a hobby.
Plan to get a SW1000XG when its released.
The 'what' part of your question is difficult for me to answer as I dont believe in putting rock/pop music into categories. If you were holding a Magnum to my head (the
gun not the ice cream) I would describe it as 'different'.

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)