aaa Best Christmas song ever? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Best Christmas song ever?

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/19             15-Dec-03  @  01:27 PM   -   Best Christmas song ever?

Zazza

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I vote for 'Fuck Off Christians, you bunch of materialistic, warmongering, bastards', an as yet unwritten classic that is a favourite with peace-loving people everyrwhere..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             15-Dec-03  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

Defector Z

Link?: Link

My all-time fav has the following verses:

"whip me Santa Claus, spank me Santa Claus, don't worry if my flesh be sear, I should be partially punished, for being bad all year."

"Paddles can have nails, yes that would be real good, and like an executioner please where a leather hood."

Don't know who sang it - it was off a Dr. Dimento christmas special about 15 years ago. Damn I miss that radio show.

Message 3/19             15-Dec-03  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

xoxos

oh - i thought we were on fraternity initiation again.

doncha hate it when people use 'being nice' as an excuse to perform heinous deeds?

just remember kids - the word 'gift' means poison in german. and you wonder why.

Message 4/19             15-Dec-03  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

Yonce N Mild

So I take it you won't be celebrating christmas then zazza ?

Message 5/19             15-Dec-03  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

Defector Z

oh - I thought you had something to ADD to the discussion. But then I saw xoxos as the writer. My mistake.

Message 6/19             15-Dec-03  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

k

"So I take it you won't be celebrating christmas then zazza "

try telling the kids that!  

My Vote: Slade... yup, that one...

Message 7/19             15-Dec-03  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

k

mind you... having just seen Ron Atkinson ferforming his old X-mas record on Room 101... I'm not sure now  

Message 8/19             15-Dec-03  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

sitar

I just know Frank Zappa had to've written a christmas song but I can't think of one.

Message 9/19             16-Dec-03  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

psylichon

mele kalikimaka of course...

Message 10/19             16-Dec-03  @  02:11 AM     Edit: 16-Dec-03  |  04:35 AM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

Optofonik - AKA, mick, rhyze, etc.

"Un Flambeau Jeannette, Isabelle"

In every religion there are those who use faith as a weapon. There are also those who have good hearts. The Christ story is one take on a common theme that has run through human mythology and religion since humankind could create such stories. There is something in our nature that predicates this. The Chist story/myth is a good enough one, as good as any, to celebrate that which lives inside us, that which leaves us longing to be at peace with the world and those around us in spite of the fact that that very same nature can be so heinous. Let the Christians, good and bad, celebrate in the same manner that Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Hindus and so many others celebrate because the good ones DO make this world a better place as does anyone with a kind heart. If you think I'm being sappy, fuck off.

Message 11/19             16-Dec-03  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

sitar

Good point Optofonic. Great point actually. There are lots of good hearted people in every religion and philosophy. The sick greedy bastards take advantage of the them. Like lawyers they find a way to worm their way into any situation.

Message 12/19             16-Dec-03  @  05:13 AM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

mcc>

you have to remember christianity arose from a period when human sacrifices ...feeding christians/anyone to the lions for sport and god or gods etc....
or the building of pyramids....was pretty much the rule and not the exception.
not that i'm christian or would ever condone 2000 years of resultant
oppression.....
but not all of mankind was necessarily mr. rogers at that time
(for you brits> our mr. homo for kids).

christianity was, in fact, as much liberator as it was subsequent tyrant.
but not everything is so clear-cut. what is important is that we remain clear
that there exists a difference between a religion and it's original tenants.....the institutions which dominate-and-control through it's perpetuation...and those who would simply follow in it's path.

that said....i offer that any medium, be it art or science can be provided a
political bent beyond what it's original form/nature/intent might suggest.

for me...even as a child.....it was always the little drummer boy~.
perhaps the most african of them all......much like bolero~ in that sense.
i can almost superimpose the two themes upon each other, in my mind.
and all i hear is man's eternal spirit expressed in most wondrous music.

Message 13/19             16-Dec-03  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

k

good acid then Clay?... what ARE you rambling on about man!?

Message 14/19             16-Dec-03  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

Yonce N Mild

My all time favorite Christmas song is without a doubt..........jingle bells.....................batman smells mix

Message 15/19             16-Dec-03  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

mcc>

i'm guessing a few people know exactly what i'm saying.

Message 16/19             16-Dec-03  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

Defector Z

Yonce - did you ever hear my version of that? A true holiday classic - I need to see if I can dig it up somewhere. You'll all have a hoot.

Message 17/19             16-Dec-03  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

xoxos

defektor - if you want to get technical about whose contribution is ignored..

stop feeling so bitter just because i keep reminding you that you're a soulless vampire robot. either do something about it or don't, but it's no use complaining to me about it.

hmm... i wonder if there's any correlation between being a self-absorbed institutional robot and writing music other people aren't interested in? hmm, that's one to think about.

"treadmill" - the choices are yours to make, buck-0

Message 18/19             16-Dec-03  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

mcc>

and going for the acid-swipe?

whilst i recall you being a HUGE hendrix fan?

if 6 were....9.

i don't mind.

it ain't me.

Message 19/19             16-Dec-03  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: Best Christmas song ever?

Boo

Link?:  Link

Yup, has to be Slade, dunnit?

Whatever happened to them?

Viewing all 19 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)