aaa FM - 4-op vs 6-op/DX100 vs DX-7 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: FM - 4-op vs 6-op/DX100 vs DX-7

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             27-Oct-98  @  02:07 PM   -   FM - 4-op vs 6-op/DX100 vs DX-7

99devils

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm interested in obtaining an FM synth. I'm wondering what the relative strengths/weaknesses are between the different Yammie FM synths, more specifically DX-27/DX-100 vs. DX-7. I'm leaning towards the DX-7IIFD right now. I'm doing industrial, so I need to be able to get basses, strange clangy stuff (which I understand FM excels at), and weird atmospheric shit...

-Craig

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             27-Oct-98  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: FM - 4-op vs 6-op/DX100 vs DX-7

ivan

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

You don't really need a DX7 to do that kind of stuff, but a DX7 is more flexible and has LOTS of patches for it. Check out the SY/TG77 if you're interested in FM - it's a lot easier to work with than any other FM synth, has decent effects, resonant filter (fairly good) and the most complex FM engine to date (the loopable envelopes are great for textures and drones... as well as the 2 LFO's)

Otherwise you could wait for Yamaha's new FS1r which seems like a strange beast.. might be a bit more expensive though.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)