aaa A3000 vs. Esie4000 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: A3000 vs. Esie4000

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             29-Jul-98  @  08:20 PM   -   A3000 vs. Esie4000

Ludo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Which is best and why?

Guitar Center sells the A3000 with 2 megs for 1499$.
They sell the Emu for 1149$ with a free 16 megs simm.

I would like to know which one is the best to get, based on these prices and what you can do with them.

From what I read:

Seems like the a3000 offers a wide range of functions to tweak the samples (effects, knobs, random functions, resample etc....) which makes it a great experimental machine  

Seems like the Emu has a more solid sound, and a better midi implementation, 200 megs of samples on 2 CDs, and it cost 300 less....

Now, from what I hear too, the a3000 has some timing problems (corrected with v2.00?), can read only one floppy at a time (meaning one single sample cannot be saved on more than one disk).

The Emu, doesn't resample, and doesn't have as much effects as the a3000, and its OS is harder to get around.

(correct me if I am wrong, these are just facts I read from various sources on the net...)

What do YOU think?
I just can't make up my mind on which one to buy....

Ludo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             29-Jul-98  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: A3000 vs. Esie4000

kilo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well, one thing is cobblers... the a3000 can save across disk sets.. but with samplers like that, you'd be a nutter NOT to add a h/d to it, otherwise, you'll spent the price of another sampler in 6 months on floppies... never mind all the pissing about.... timing probs?... dunno... what i heard was spot on.... I thought the a3000 was the most awesome bit of kit i'd heard for years.... the emu ?... dunno... Emu do have a Great sound... but then Yamaha is a multi-billion dollar corp.. and er.... hardly cut corners..... read the other thread..... anyone e got an esi4000???......anyways... simms are piss cheap.. it's scsi as standard and a h/d you should be thinking about.... dont worry about 2 outs on the yammy... the fx are stupendous.... thing is see... yammy can add in their own fx chips... at zero cost to them.... emu have to buy theirs i reckon.... so it'll probably be lesser standard mebbe... all i can say is... i put all the details I know about the yammy in the other thread.... titled : a-3000... all i can say is... if you get one, you can start to make music immeadiatly... well you'll have to learn it..... but you can go with no other kit... and add in extra's as you go... at least it'll give you a result straight from the box.... I'm not slagging the esi by this at all... it's an unknown quantity to me....

kilo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)