aaa Asr-x vs Asr-10, drum sequencing +other stuf - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Asr-x vs Asr-10, drum sequencing +other stuf

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             22-Jul-98  @  11:35 AM   -   Asr-x vs Asr-10, drum sequencing +other stuf

Greene

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Peep this:
I got like $2000 flat to spend. I produce hiphop and I'm thinking of getting the asr-x or
the asr-10 I've head great things about both but better things about the X . I won't be using
this equipment live. I plan to use cakewalk for sequencing soundforge for editting and tons of other computer software for what ever.. also recording vocals on computer. Is there a reason to ditch the X and go with ASR10? Also , how does one input drums on the asr-10, asr-x and the
mpc2000. I mean with the X and the MPC i know you hit the pads but how do you keep the timing. I know this is a stupid question but still .. endure... I've used software and hardware like hammer head where you just stick in a pattern. How does drums work on the asrX or mpc or asr10?? thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             22-Jul-98  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: Asr-x vs Asr-10, drum sequencing +other stuf

self_osc

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The new ASRX OS version 2.5 allows you input quantize, that means all you play in the pads will write in 16 (or or another)quantized steps, like in Hammerhead, TRs, etc.
You have 128 sequences in the internal memory that you can record in loop and add mode. In those modes you can run the sequencer and play the pads for a pre-defined duration pattern (1,2,4....bars). When the pattern finished the sequencer plays it again like in Hammerhead. If you are in add mode then you can errr.... add new notes over the previous ones without erase them until youŽll be happy with your loop.
Buy the ASRX mate, because you can import .WAVs very easy, it has resonant filters, more memory and the built in pads. Also the FX are better.
The resampling facilities are superb, especially for drum loop.

Dan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)