aaa at last... Mara! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: at last... Mara!

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             26-Sep-03  @  06:10 PM     Edit: 26-Sep-03  |  06:12 PM   -   at last... Mara!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just got Mara's album through the post this morning. Something I have been looking forward to for quite some time now. The release date isn't for a month or so, but you can order from their site (Choochoo-records.com) and they'll send it to you now.

Absolutely superb is all I can say! Perfect example of the Union (One of my all-time favorite Clubs from Leeds) music policy: Funkyprogressivebreaktechouse.

I just thought it was worth bringing to light as it is not only a fantastic album, but also an example of why respectable dance music will not be affected by the latest commercial shift. Commercial shifts only tend to affect the more flippant and less dedicated "music-fans" and the Artists Mara started Choo-Choo records because of their love of music and have never succumbed to commercial trends, choosing to release tasteful, quality house music instead. So their sales will barely be affected by the recent interest in guitars, which means that this music will keep on coming… much to my delight.    

I have a lot of respect for artists like Mara, and we all know that this is what music is about: Love and Dedication.

Regards.

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             27-Sep-03  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: at last... Mara!

mcc>

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

sounds tasty!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)