aaa ear damage - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: ear damage

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/20             29-Aug-03  @  10:19 PM   -   ear damage

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Dr. DT-

The other day I was monitoring pretty loudly- i noticed that it kinda hurt my ears a bit but I said it, this sounds good. Afterwards my ears were a little numb-like- but the next morning, everything was fine.

I've noticed that I've been hearing things really loudly lately. Like just now I was playing the piano and if I played my normal volume (pretty loud...) it would hurt my ears. Everythings been clear as basically, just louder than normal.

Is this something to be worried about? Is it a good thing? Bad?

Thanks alot,

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             29-Aug-03  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: ear damage

BluStudio

Link?: Link

i noticed that when i stopped djing out 3-4 nights a week for 3 years - for a spell of mebbe 2 or 3 weeks afterwards everything seemed to sound loud as fuck, as if my ears were recovering/opening up again, i noticed that i was only using my monitors powered about half what i used to-it only lasted a short while and things seemed to go back to normal listening levels.

was wierd, but kinda scary too - ive always said my ears are fucked, but in a way they can be super sensitive too at times. i.e the other week my dad had a leak in his house and we were under the floor boards (about 5 of us) and i could totally hear things that everyone couldn't - my ears were picking up a tiny spray of water coming from a pipe about 15-20 meteres away which noone else could hear, even when they all got to within a couple of meters of the cracked pipe lol - i think it comes from training your ears to listen closely to mixes, so they kinda develop an extra sensitive freq pick-up. and you have been practicing hard at mixing with those new moniors recently so mebbe?

Message 3/20             29-Aug-03  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: ear damage

§ï†ÅR

I knew I was missing the whole point to learning music. We should all become plumbers.

Message 4/20             29-Aug-03  @  10:50 PM     Edit: 29-Aug-03  |  10:51 PM   -   RE: ear damage

BluStudio

ill get me waterproof coat and bid DT a fond farewell............

Message 5/20             30-Aug-03  @  05:26 AM   -   RE: ear damage

Influx

dude. if youre listening at loud volume and it HURTS?

you have to ASK if that is possibly doing damage?

argh!

Message 6/20             30-Aug-03  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: ear damage

beds

Link?:  Link

turn it down. ear damage is permanent.

pardon?

Message 7/20             30-Aug-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: ear damage

xoxos

once i managed to PARALYSE the cilia in my left ear (using headphones, 1 copy of storm the studio :p )

that means, of course, the hairs responsible for hearing in my left ear stopped working and i couldn't hear for about 12 hours.. a black fucking hole in the side of my head, man.. doctor said about 50/50 for recovery from that..

i've also been intelligent enough to give myself, well, my third bout of tinnitus - the first two were from significantly loud noises and lasted about 3 years a piece.. last one never really goes away because i do too much loud monitoring - i'll be dead soon so i've gotten used to it, but coming from a young life w/ 'clean' ears.. months of sleeplessness.. can't sleep on the one side because if your ear's on the pillow it's too loud.. can't sleep on the other because you've been sleeping on it for the last year..

watch it

Message 8/20             30-Aug-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: ear damage

xoxos

once i managed to PARALYSE the cilia in my left ear (using headphones, 1 copy of storm the studio :p )

that means, of course, the hairs responsible for hearing in my left ear stopped working and i couldn't hear for about 12 hours.. a black fucking hole in the side of my head, man.. doctor said about 50/50 for recovery from that..

i've also been intelligent enough to give myself, well, my third bout of tinnitus - the first two were from significantly loud noises and lasted about 3 years a piece.. last one never really goes away because i do too much loud monitoring - i'll be dead soon so i've gotten used to it, but coming from a young life w/ 'clean' ears.. months of sleeplessness.. can't sleep on the one side because if your ear's on the pillow it's too loud.. can't sleep on the other because you've been sleeping on it for the last year..

watch it

Message 9/20             30-Aug-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: ear damage

xoxos

watch it

Message 10/20             30-Aug-03  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: ear damage

xoxos

you also want to watch those things where you hit the button and nothing seemingly happens, and it's still there 20 minutes later so you hit the button again

Message 11/20             01-Sep-03  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: ear damage

Malk

Phew i thought i had an echo happening

Message 12/20             01-Sep-03  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: ear damage

milan

yeah, WE HEARD YOU THE FIRST TIME rurik!!!

Message 13/20             02-Sep-03  @  01:42 AM   -   RE: ear damage

some arsehole

everytime i stab myself in the leg with a rusty knife it hurts. should i stop?

Message 14/20             02-Sep-03  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: ear damage

influx

Link?:  Link

nah, just clean the knife!

Message 15/20             02-Sep-03  @  02:47 AM   -   RE: ear damage

pict

I think you should cut bits of your face with a blunt meat cleaver while twisting barbed wire round your ballbag.

Message 16/20             02-Sep-03  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: ear damage

dARKSTATe

Did anyone see that ear damage shit David "I'm NORMAL" Blaine pulled?

Message 17/20             02-Sep-03  @  12:52 PM   -   RE: ear damage

pict

No what was that then?

Message 18/20             02-Sep-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: ear damage

dARKSTATe

It was in the (toilet) papers this morning...

Message 19/20             02-Sep-03  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: ear damage

BrokenSilence

sorry ive been away. what my problem is- that it never hurt my ears before and now it is much louder. I did it non stop before without (and I shouldnt really say "pain" more like obvious annoyance) noticing anything and it kinda started up after loud monitoring session.

Message 20/20             06-Sep-03  @  05:38 AM   -   RE: ear damage

PB

"everytime i stab myself in the leg with a rusty knife it hurts. should i stop? "

Actually yeah, aim higher toward the area of your head. It should stop hurting after a while.

Viewing all 20 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)