aaa Something to think about... - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Something to think about...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 04-Jul-02  @  02:24 PM   -   Something to think about...

Jock

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm in the very early stages of organising an outdoor event for next summer, in Maidstone, Kent, England. I would love for all the acts to be synthy based. Sort of like a Synth Live Aid event.

It may seem like a long way off, but there is a lot of planning to do. You wont get paid for it. Its purely to get a chance to perform outside. The venue is the new millenium park that has a good performing area/stage underneath a permanent structure.

The only perk I can offer is that I promise to make you sound and look good and that you can walk away with it all video taped.

K. Would be nice to even put the Dancetech name to it if you wanna get on the bandwagon.

The first ever Dancetech Festival ?

Comments please !

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/21             04-Jul-02  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

k

Link?:  Link

yes probably if it's done properly & the crowd number will be decent... They said we can have a CD track from them for the DT CD (or they did say that last we talked)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/21             04-Jul-02  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

xoxos

Link?: Link

synth biased? are you gonna fly me over then?

Message 13/21             05-Jul-02  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: Something to think about...

Jock

well I flew you over for that cross dressing party, so I cant see why not.

Message 14/21             05-Jul-02  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: Something to think about...

xoxos

i still think we should have had a happy dressing party instead of a cross dressing party. all that scowling didn't do my wrinkles any good at all.

Message 15/21             05-Jul-02  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

sitar

I might row across the pond for it. not to play. just to hang. would be fun.

Hmmm. Now where are those oars.

Message 16/21             05-Jul-02  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

Mindspawn

Deary me... I'd definitely be down for it. Just let me know the details as you get stuff sorted. I'd be happy to do anything from a trance set to whacked dark ambient, or a totally whack jam for any who are willing to play...

Props on the idea, herr Jock!

Message 17/21             08-Jul-02  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: Something to think about...

driftkcker

if you can keep an overview on this idea of yours, and you wanna do it really complete, you should do an afterparty as well, wich starts near the open-air happening, at about 11 o'clock.in some place where you can stuff 1500/2000 ppl or whatever.that can go on till the next morning..three kinds of tickets,
one for the outside party, one for the afterparty, and one for both. so people can decide. in the daytime you get this live/performance/'in concert'
festival, and after that a slamming danceparty.
after a day out and then inside ,people in full party mood from the beginning will be very enthusiastic, and it could be a legendary party.
even suitable for a re-run next year. catch the drift? but do not underestimate the effort and work and energy you'll have to put in. but you probably know that already..

driftkicker

Message 18/21             23-Sep-03  @  12:00 PM   -   Well?

What happed? ;)

Message 19/21             23-Sep-03  @  12:09 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

Maarten

An idea popped but nothing happened.. there's alot of work to be put into something like that- just like the proposition xoxos came with. Great idea's but it will probably take a few people to go at it full-time, which understandably is a bottleneck.
Would be nice if in my life-time something like this would take place  

Message 20/21             23-Sep-03  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: Something to think about...

mcc>

i never thought of it like that.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)