aaa ClubITM - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: ClubITM

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 29-Mar-04  @  04:20 PM   -   ClubITM

ClubITM

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

The World's 1st Internet Nightclub is now 'Live' !!

www.clubitm.co.uk

Progressive House, Trance & Funky presented via the most innovative club website on the net...

3 Music Arena's featuring DJ's taking you on their Muzikal Journeys
State of the Art Interactive Lighting & Lasers
Kicking Sound System (100 billion watts & broadcasting to the Universe)
The Office (Come and have a crafty one)
Games
Discussion Forum
& more

Club ITM will feature resident DJ's & Producers from around the World supported by ITM resident DJ's: Jimpy, Sean Andrews, Sean F & Dominik L Williams.

For more info e: info@clubitm.co.uk

Club ITM - In The Mix

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/24             30-Mar-04  @  07:55 PM     Edit: 30-Mar-04  |  07:58 PM   -   RE: ClubITM

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Its quite a cool site actually, stopped me from doing quite a bit of work today.

But, I still don't get a couple of things here. Until about 4-5 years ago, Garage was House. You know, that gospelly, four-to-the-floor, feel-good stuff. What happened to that music? I used to love going out to Hard-Times etc and seeing all of the US garage artists. That music just had a way of making you feel good. Aaawww, I feel nostalgic now .

And what is underground house? As far as I am aware, I have never heard what people call underground house. I allways thought that house was the more accessible, commercial, form of dance music, and therefore not underground, so I think I may have missed the underground stuff. Are there any examples you guys could throw me?

Steve.

Message 12/24             30-Mar-04  @  09:23 PM   -   RE: ClubITM

be

Donīt bother with all the genres and stuff...
When it comes to House/Trance/DnB or whatever I just choose to call it dance music
ppl always try to label stuff, but a more healthy attitude would be to flow with it and just remember if it is good or not.

Message 13/24             30-Mar-04  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: ClubITM

be

BTW,
Garage was never House. Youīre thinking of "Speed Garage" that was house.
Garage was what 2-step is now and "Speed Garage" is "Holigan House" now...or something...
Well, soundwise thatīs about it

Message 14/24             31-Mar-04  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: ClubITM

beds

Link?: Link

^ have a listen there innit

Message 15/24             31-Mar-04  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: ClubITM

dub-munkey

steve i hate using genres and all that but underground house imho can be many styles...a while a go it was that sleazy bleepy stuff carter and solomon was spinning...its getting a bit deeper now and there are some cool yet quite surprising bootlegs which actually work....dont think its as vibrant as it has been but its still alive....

greg

Message 16/24             31-Mar-04  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: ClubITM

dub-munkey

garage was never house but he wasn't thinking of speed garage..the original garage genre was a more soulful, vocal and skippy style of 4 to the floor....i believe eminating from a club called the paradise garage and the scene and people around it....

speed garage was some half arsed 90's genre which used square wave basslines all the time...original garage sounds way different

greg

Message 17/24             31-Mar-04  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: ClubITM

Steve Roughley

OK, well Garage may not be House, I don't know, but alot of the DJs who used to play at clubs like Hard Times would play "US House and Garage" and it wasn't that Speed-Garage stuff. You know what I mean Dub.

Also, I had a look for "Carter and Solomon" on Google and I think I know what you're on about now. I've allways been into labels like 20:20 Vision and Bugged Out! etc, but I'd never really payed much attention to those guys before.

"Don't bother with all the genres and stuff..."

Look, I know, just as much as the next person, that genres get pretty silly, but I have allways stood by their usefullness. How else would you be able to find tracks that you like in record wearhouses? Or how would you know which new clubs to travel to for a big night out? They make my life alot easier.

Steve.

Message 18/24             31-Mar-04  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: ClubITM

dub-munkey

i agree steve- genres are needed to a degree so when your choosing between the plethora of clubs in say london you dont wanna go somewhere where you wont like the music....if your a dj your not gonna want to buy a dnb record if you mix house.....so whilst all the sub-genres get a bit silly you need stuff like house, garage, dnb, trance to define the speed and mood.....

greg

Message 19/24             01-Apr-04  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: ClubITM

psylichon

Link?: Link

yall sound like such dorks when you talk about this shit ... hilarious

Message 20/24             01-Apr-04  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: ClubITM

dub-munkey

its cos we are........(i didnt know people still used that word)

greg

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)