aaa breakbeat sample CD? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: breakbeat sample CD?

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 29-Jan-04  @  08:04 AM   -   breakbeat sample CD?

quade

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hiya

can anyone recommend a really good sample cd for breaks?

Cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/24             30-Jan-04  @  10:33 AM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

milan

Link?: Link

doh... its in the "files" section, not sample...

(this site needs a makeover)

Message 12/24             30-Jan-04  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

k

you realise there is about 300+ old vinyl breakbeats - all at 44.1k .wav in the FILES section of dt?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/24             30-Jan-04  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

milan

yes... thats what we were just alking aobut. but when i said go to the "samples" section the geezer ended up in the "sampler" section and not the "files" section.

k, i really think a front page which lists all the different sections including a short descrition for each would definitely improve usability of this site!

Message 14/24             30-Jan-04  @  01:38 PM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

k

yeah, but how? - there's alot of sections - if we use jscript there'll be people saying they cant see it or whatever... FLASH no-one seems to want... it'd take some brainwork  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/24             30-Jan-04  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

milan

mm... how about a simple page then... instead of opening the studio page, the site would open a "main" or intro page with a list of sections, short text desription, and links to them. then move all the "latest articles/listings" etc to their respective sections and tidy up...

lol! WAIT!-

i just scrolled a long way down the front page and saw you already have what i'm talking about! only its such a long way down that rarely anyone is gonna bother scrolling long enough to find it!

uh... how about taking that and redesigning it? take all the synth/drum/samler sections and stuff them under one main link, then do the same for articles/tables/tips... just simpify things a bit, for user to get a main overview before getting into the wealth of information within each section.

just a suggestion tho... dont go totaly redesigning the website just because i said so  

gotta dash now, but will be back later with more suggestions...

Message 16/24             30-Jan-04  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

quade

Thanks guys, You all have your own opinions which is good, the real question is are there any good breaks sample cd's out there...i assume this is a No from the response but just want to clear that one up

...looking in the Files section now

K, maybe 'Files' should be 'Samples' and 'Sample' should be 'Sampler', I would have found it easier if this was the case, but its your site, and a great one at that!

Message 17/24             30-Jan-04  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

Quade

....just noticed you got more than samples in this section, so ignore that last bit

as it goes, i find it really hard to search for sounds, i ended up using the old % to get all results but this wont let me get past the first page

Message 18/24             31-Jan-04  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

digital rust

ontology.com

Message 19/24             31-Jan-04  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

psylichon

If ya got the dosh, and don't mind software, Spectrasonics Stylus will give you endless, modern, original, large beats for years.

Message 20/24             31-Jan-04  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: breakbeat sample CD?

k

because it's not ONLY samples - there is other files in there.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)