aaa HHB Circle 5 Monitors - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 23-Jan-04  @  12:55 PM   -   HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Dingostema

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Any feedback would be uselful.

These passive monitors retail at about £450, I have been offered a pair s/h for £225 but whilst I have heard good things about them, I aint managed to listen for myself. Has anyone else heard/used them?

Cheers

Dingo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/25             27-Jan-04  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

BluStudio

Link?: Link

If you happen to come across some extra cash while yer saving on those 624's id defo splash out on the 824's - Incredibly detailed bass response, and tunable also for sitting in room corners etc...

what you hear thru them in the studio is what you get when played across a big club system, no surprises, or mix guess work ^^^

blu

Message 12/25             27-Jan-04  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

influx

dingo...

have a look at the BX8s, man. serious.

as for the 624s...tis true theyre not gonna carry the bass you might want. a sub would cure that, but...

as for the V6s that I use..to be honest they are just "good enough" where I could tell what was goin on in the low end, but...Ive noticed my mixes with them came out a little lacking in the bottom bottom...cuz if I had too much low end, theyd kick out, so Id pull it back a little.

never had a "bad" mix or an inaccurate translation with them, but..something to consider. Im now running a Tannoy PS110b sub, and that has opened up the V6s dramatically. I can monitor a LOT louder now. not sure if thats good

Message 13/25             28-Jan-04  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

milan

if you lot would learn to llisten to the low end itself and not the sound hitting the edges of the speaker enclosure you'd appreciate speakers like hr624's and dynaudios and genelecs much more. then again, i've noticed lot of people like to judge their bass by the sound the speaker box makes when hit by it from the inside so i'll stop being all xoxos like... in fact, i do the same when not familiar with the speakers so i'll shut up.

Message 14/25             28-Jan-04  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

steve

Link?:  No link

oo, get her etc.etc.

Message 15/25             28-Jan-04  @  12:37 AM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

beds

err, how big is the room he's mixing in? innit.

Message 16/25             28-Jan-04  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

milan

sorry... i was just surprised at errata's comment: 624's dont cut it but bx8's are really great?

*/me looks with a slight sense of disbelief*

small room? dunno... i think he would still be better off with the best pair he can get, at least for the mid/highs/clarity etc. no?

Message 17/25             28-Jan-04  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

beds

aye, so what's the difference in mid/hi between the 624 and 824?

i just think that if you're mixing in a cupoard then 824s are gonna be too much.

Message 18/25             28-Jan-04  @  08:59 AM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

milan

aye, agreed... plus i'd think the bass extension on 6's should be enough anyway... he's not making dnb with 40hz pure sine bass but house tunes with live bass guitar, which should definitely be taken care of by those woofers.

Message 19/25             28-Jan-04  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

Dingostema

My room is maybe 3.5m x 4.5m. And I'm pretty sure that the 624's are also tunable for room placement (i.e corner placement, against the walls etc)

Cheers

Dingo

Message 20/25             28-Jan-04  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: HHB Circle 5 Monitors

influx

its funny, but I always hear these new "producers" saying "how good" a speaker sounds, because it sounds big and bassy.

errr...what if its making your mix sound bigger and bassier than it actually is then?

anyway...havent listened to 624s. thought about gettin em...just havent done it yet. I can get em cheap enough where I can just "try them" and not worry.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)