aaa The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-98  @  01:41 PM   -   The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

replica

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Its probably been done at this site before - but !

What about having a vote, say open for 14-21 days for the best synth ever - as voted by visitors at Dancetech !

Its your site Kilo - your decision I'd say ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/27             16-Aug-98  @  01:56 AM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

kilo

who says it was a joke !!?

Message 12/27             16-Aug-98  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

J.

My vote goes to the yamaha cs-80, haven't tried it; but judging by its sound and looks (and the doctor who theme) it's up there. Budgetwise I'd go for the korg ms-20.

Message 13/27             17-Aug-98  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

Jock

Fairlight CMI, er no I changed my mind, I meant the SY22, I always get those two confused.

My mates got a Micra, and although it is limited to driving around spanish towns it is also good for mowing down shoppers in a strickly pedestrianised zone just to piss them off. and the blood washes off fine too.

I myself have been run over by him and may I say it is a most pleasureable experience. The rounded bonnet decreases the chances of leg/hip dislodgement meaning that you can confidently plough into the windscreen, sending shards of lethal glass into the drivers face, secure in the knowledge that you wont be wheelchair bound for the next few days.

Message 14/27             17-Aug-98  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

99devils

I've got to say the Korg M1. Nothing short of groundbreaking...

-C

Message 15/27             17-Aug-98  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

kilo

yup the M1 was a great unit.... how about the legendary akai S950 !?..... wicked sampler... plenty of time.... totally variable sample rates to really get the most time out of it.... and a jubbly all-round sampler.... gets my vote.... (er... and the emax...had to get that in..)

Message 16/27             17-Aug-98  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Hands down, an eight panel Serge Modular. Nothing else has ever produced the freaky sounding shit that has come out of that thing. Actually, a couple of those linked up to a couple of maq16/3's or a SAM would do it better, but I've not had that opportunity as of yet. Not to sound like the analog snob or anything, it's just that nothing has produced such amazing sounds with such clarity, control, and precision, as well as having such an alive, organic feel to it, in my limited experience. If any of you get the chance, check Serge stuff out. An SK1 has a romance all it's own. Lowtech is a way of life and some things just don't compare. These are two. We still use an SK1 for a sound source from time to time.
Ape

Message 17/27             18-Aug-98  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

Holger

Generator !

Message 18/27             18-Aug-98  @  12:59 AM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

self_osc"hotmail.com

The Casio SK-5 was my first keyboard, WOW! a kind of ASR-X for me in those days!, I mean it has a sampling engine and some ROM sounds, looping capabilities, synthesis elements like preset EGs, sequencer with loop mode, multitimbricity and pads. OK, OK....I know the ASR-X got resampling, but the SK has a 2.5 octaves keyboard!
I still use this machine and I seriously considering purchase the SK-1 for its extra EGs and additive capabilities.
One of my favourites tricks was sample a very short sound (like a scissors snap) and loop it to obtain a continous sound formed of the looped "single cycle " wave, then apply any EG and you have some weird pads that you can play with up to 4 notes of polyphony.
In further experiences I processed this sound with the filters of my Teisco S110f or S60f with GREAT results.
And itīs so simple and funny to use it!!!!

Dan

Message 19/27             18-Aug-98  @  01:32 AM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

pongoid

Link?:  Link

Holger,

Is Generator, that software that let's you build your own synth, and then build your own interface, using photoshop? I read about something like that, but don't remember what it's called. Still, come on bro.... THE SERGE MODULAR!!! I've also seen pictures of a PPG modular, butknow nothing about it. Any info?
Monkey

Message 20/27             18-Aug-98  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: The Best Synth ever - can we please Kilo

replica

I said synth - not samplers - anyway Minimoog,minimoog,
minimoog,minimoog,minimoog,minimoog !.

Closely followed by the Yamaha CS43000 XYZ 2.9 Ghia Ltd
Edition, with full midi retrofit,anti roll bars, 64 note polyphony and air conditioning as standard OK.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)