aaa stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 18-Sep-98  @  03:20 AM   -   stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

xoxos

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

15 hours and counting...

xoxos.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/29             19-Sep-98  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

Thayl

Link?:  No link

Okay guys I don't know what that weird drink guiness is that you're all going on about.

Guinness however is the main drink we're exporting to you, maybe the name gets messed up along the way or something? ;)

-Thayl

Message 12/29             19-Sep-98  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

buggo

guiness is terrible stuff. but you can't SAY it's terrible stuff because if you do you are a wimp.

(bunch of fucking wimps)

Message 13/29             20-Sep-98  @  03:00 AM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

Purple Haze

Well, if that's the case I'm a wimp then. Picked up a bottle of 'Black Bush' in the tax free on the seacat last month though, excellent stuff... and I normally don't even like whiskey...

About the absolute 2's... well, I feel it's easier working with those crappy old monitors I've got... They've got crispier top end and better defined bass. To give an example, when tuning to a noisy radio station, I might barely notice it on my 'normal' speakers (crappy sony's) and the absolute 2's, but on those old things it becomes allmost unlistenable. When playing bass sounds through them, I can hear more variation/texture/timbre in the bass sound on the old speakers compared to the absolute 2's. If this actually makes the absolute 2's better, then let me know, I'm no sound engineer or anything.

Come to think of it, that might be better, because if you can get it to sound good on those, it will hopefully sound better on other setups ?

Message 14/29             20-Sep-98  @  03:40 AM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

Influx

"Guinnnnnneeeesssssss" I suck at spelling, huh?!!?

Message 15/29             20-Sep-98  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

Hilevelt

Guinness is for limey dirtbag pussies! Drink tequila w/ a little mescal, no chaser, then you're almost a man. Eat the worm, THEN YOU'RE A MAN!

Message 16/29             20-Sep-98  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

LFUX

WOW-you helped me come out, Hil...Im a Limey Dirtbag Pussy!!! Yippeeee! Tequilas nice, too, but as for the worm...all for you, none for me thanks!
Hey...if you read this again, do you have the "electronic percussion" disk for Emax? I never thought to ask you that before. Thought you were going to santa cruz?

Message 17/29             21-Sep-98  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

kilo

yes they suck.... they were in the paper yesteday sucking something.... so it must be true.!!... what are you on about??..... do they suck?.... well, i guess it all depends wehter your audience are listening on the same speakers... but then thats the same for all of them.... y'see what i want to know is this.... if all these studio speakers don't discolour the sound... are clear ...and transparent.... with xxx bass response... smooth and truely presicion accurate sound.... etc etc... how come they all sound bloody different?.... :-)

Message 18/29             21-Sep-98  @  05:33 AM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

buggo

me pops has a super-nice set of 100W electrovoice speakers...much louder and clearer than my friend's pair of 500W crate cabinets...he he...i suppose they're actually PA speakers, but they are excellent monitors, with better frequency response than just about any i've heard...but then they're big...12" woofers, which means in any event you'll get more bass than from smaller jobs...but is that bad? remember, appeal to the lowest common denominator!!

but anyway, the point is that i've just learned that a lot of my mixes sound shite (don't say it!) when i listen to them on decent speakers, as evidentally my little 30W hifi system colors the hell out of the sound...because everything sounded too thin and I was adding way too much bass...MIX ON GOOD SPEAKERS!! (or at least not on panasonic hi-fi's!)

Message 19/29             21-Sep-98  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

buggo

no no, i meant to say "but is that good"...'cause most people don't have big fuckin monitor systems to listen to music on and therefore a lot of the signal is lost anyhow!

Message 20/29             21-Sep-98  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: stop me from buying event 20/20 directfields

xoxos

this is all very confusing... but i think i'm going to have to go with hilevelt's choice (though i've still more than likely got a week or two to vacillate in..) simply because his stuff sounds well balanced on these crappy pc speakers..
so hilevelt... you gotta tell me.. what kinda events did you mix that DAT recorded stuff on.. you say you currently use the 'normals' does this mean the direct field unpowereds? your subwoofer is other manuf., so you don't use the triads, and you're not referring to them as 'normal..' but it sure would be nice if anything around here was worthy of being referred to as such..

my favourite monitors are a pair i built myself using revere cones.. hardly flat.. big and heavy with the beautiful lustre of hdf oh lala but they make such good endtables and i'd kinda like something someone else built so i could feel a little less aloof..

they're just speakers.. but i need them! i need them!

xoxos.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)