aaa i'se got me a emax - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: i'se got me a emax

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 07-Sep-98  @  05:58 AM   -   i'se got me a emax

buggo

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

damn, i'm really spending more than i'm earning...but in addition to the 1604 and tx81z i've just ordered an emax se/HD for $350!

oh goody.

(don't ask why i posted this. why not i say? eh??)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/29             07-Sep-98  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

influx

Link?:  Link

what are you using for a sequencer now, bug? theres an MMT and a yamaha qx3 at auctionsoup. the MMT guy wants a hundy, but thats high--the QX is at $50 (it has a disk drive, too.) maybe?....
Kilo--I dont think so either, but if you found a way, Id be your friend! My disk drive is trippin, too, on the emax..do you know of a test to find if its the drive, and not a bunch of corrupted disks?

Message 12/29             07-Sep-98  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

buggo

NO NO, DON'T TELL ME THESE THINGS!! I AM OUT OF MONEY!! GO AWAY FOUL SATANIC TEMPTOR! NO MORE GEAR! NO MORE!!

he he he...

Message 13/29             08-Sep-98  @  02:36 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

kilo...

he hehe..... we should set up a TGA group... tech-gear-anonymous.... and girlfreinds can come along too for support cos they suffer as much....

"well.... tell us a bit about yourself Buggo"

"well... it all started with an old MC303.... i thought i could keep it under control, but before i knew it, i found myself craving older analogs... then i moved onto the hard stuff.... a mixer.... sampler.... y'know?!!......... i just needed more..... "
.... etc etc.....

Message 14/29             08-Sep-98  @  03:54 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

recovering buggo

"...and then it moved on to heavy things like ADATs and classic analogs...before i knew it i was losing my job, my money, my girlfriend, my house, my dignity, my motivation to do anything but wank knobs...sniff...but now I'm turning my life around...only secondhand casios for me this time, yes sir...i've been clean for a year now and even now, sometimes late at night, listening to my vl-tone's digital bleeps, i still feel the urge...*twitch*

"...GOOD GOD, HE'S HAVING A SEIZURE! SOMEONE HELP HIM!!.."

Message 15/29             09-Sep-98  @  04:20 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

Hey Buggo,

Dis you order that emax from Eric in San Francisco. If so, I saw the ad and met with the guy, hence he demoed the emax for me. It was definetely in good shape. Unfortunately he couldn't show me anything that interested me with it, so I opted not to buy it. I went to his house, which was 4 blocks from mine, expecting this thing to show me some retro interesting sounds, instead he played this beep and pitched it up and down. I wanted to see the SE synthesis capabilities, and instead I was shown this beep and told I can get the idea. He also couldn't find the manual. I was not impressed with the emax but he was an interesting fellow. I guess I'll just get the a3000 and blow all my cash on a proper sampler.

-Chad-

Message 16/29             10-Sep-98  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

bill

yeah. i realised that this was all getting beyond a joke when i bought a patchbay and a midi-merge box on tuesday. when you start spending money on things that don't even make sounds i think you're in trouble...

Message 17/29             10-Sep-98  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

99devils

I'm at that point myself... I need a merge and patchbay and....

Maybe we should start that gear-fiend's anonymous group...

-Craig

Message 18/29             11-Sep-98  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

buggo

NO MANUAL?? I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD IT AND HE SAID YES!!! GRRR!!!

(hey influx...or anyone else....where can I get a manual?)

Message 19/29             11-Sep-98  @  04:45 AM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

influx

Wait, bug--is this the same guy? I thought the one I referred you to was in SoCal? Anyway-I hit up Emu once about a manual and they said 20 bones, so...

Also...for the sake of disk safety...I would suggest you take the extra time to find DSDD disks for that bitch cuz I just lost a heck of a lot of sounds and I think thats why...I dont think my drives bad after all...Emu specifies DSDDs so...HDs work (for mine) but they end up corrupted...fuckin bummer I tell ya!
What kind of library is this guy sendin ya? If you get a disk called 'electronic percussion' which I think is pretty much just 808 samples.. would you copy it for me? I have some shit thats based on that bank and my disk no longer loads, so...

I only have half the manual, but I could copy that for ya if necessary

Message 20/29             11-Sep-98  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: i'se got me a emax

chad_mitchell

Buggo,

If its eric from SF, the guy I posted I met with about it, he has notta thing to send w/ it. Not only does he not have a library, he told me he wiped the HD clean cause he didn't want to give his samples away. I wanted to check it out and see the capabilities of this mystical beast. He couldn't show me shite. Once again, he was a nice fellow though. Eager to show me all his other gear.

-Good Luck-

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)