aaa adjusting a microphone stand - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: adjusting a microphone stand

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 11-Sep-04  @  05:30 PM   -   adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I have just received the microphone stand I have ordered from Thomann, K&M 25905 (see link). This is my first microphone stand! I really like it. However, something puzzles me. I have adjusted it in every way, and tightened the screws. Still however, one can freely move it in one joint, namely where the boom meets the (vertical) stand. Is this supposed to be the case? I would have thought you should be able to adjust it so that it wouldn't budge unless you unlocked the screws.
Thank you
Anders

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/30             14-Sep-04  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Zazza

Link?:  No link

klitgaard?

is that like a 'cricket box'?

Message 12/30             14-Sep-04  @  07:12 AM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

What? You're losing me. What's a 'cricket box'?
Thanks
Anders

Message 13/30             14-Sep-04  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

k

so it's the rotating tightening collar on the vertical post just before the boom which is loose yes?

sometimes these collars are made of plastic which isn't very strong and if overtightened, they split - once split, you can't ever tighten them properly.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/30             14-Sep-04  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

Hi K
Yes and no. The collar (or threaded wheel as I referred to it above) is both loose and not so. It's tightened so as to press against the joint that is screwed on from above. But when I turn the boom, for instance in circles, it moves along with it. However, I'm quite sure it's supposed to do this. The stand is rugged, brand new, and generally appears to be designed in this way. Still, it may turn out to be an impractical design - I don't know yet.
Thanks
Anders

Message 15/30             14-Sep-04  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

k

i think we need a picture to clarify which connection joint we're talking about

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/30             14-Sep-04  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

milan

Link?: Link

no no... its simple. its like Anders said. rest easy, its supposed to be that way i believe.

Message 17/30             14-Sep-04  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Thanks, guys, for your continued interest! Here's a picture of the mic stand in question.
Anders

Message 18/30             14-Sep-04  @  07:59 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Influx

Link?: Link

wow thats a hell of a lot of responses for a mic stand 

Message 19/30             14-Sep-04  @  08:01 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Oh, no, no, no! I screwed up! Sorry! Here's the collar!
Anders

Message 20/30             14-Sep-04  @  08:06 PM   -   RE: adjusting a microphone stand

Anders Klitgaard

Let me explain the reason for the confusion. I bought this stand because I need one that is quite low, so I didn't stretch it out. If you look at the distance between where I indicated the collar on the first and the second picture - this distance was zero on my stand, the stand being in its lowest position. Now that I have stretched out the stand, it appears to behave differently. I am currently investigating this. I just wanted to tell you of my mistake right away. God, I am so impractical - I need a friggin manual for a mic stand!
Anders

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)